Rate The Race: Michigan 2

Had a great time there in person, but even I was aware that the race was hella boring and had to be terrible on tv...

I've seen better MIS races, this one was maybe 4 if I'm generous.

overall an 8. MAN Larson can wheel a car. banged off the 78...that was something to see. Rewound that shot several times!

Larson stole that one. Kez comments made me wonder when was the last time a car actually sandbagged (nothing comes to mind). It looked like Kez was going to dominate but his car didn't work well in traffic. With the speeds they were running in Michigan, I wonder if they would test at Daytona without the plates. I was bummed when Kenseth dropped about 20 positions on the last restart.

Larson stole that one. Kez comments made me wonder when was the last time a car actually sandbagged (nothing comes to mind). It looked like Kez was going to dominate but his car didn't work well in traffic. With the speeds they were running in Michigan, I wonder if they would test at Daytona without the plates. I was bummed when Kenseth dropped about 20 positions on the last restart.
one shot shows the 20 hitting the wall....

Good but not great, 7.5 out of 10. Lots of pit strategies in play added suspense, which I enjoyed a lot, but in the end it came down to a great shootout with the 42 stealing the prize.

Will Kyle Larson be recovered from his concussion in time for Bristol? What about Chad Johnston with his whiplash? LOL.

PS: Really good NBC broadcast. Those in-car shots really let me feel MIS... hard on the gas like forever, then pedaling it off the center. Thrilling use of in-car video and audio, IMO.

Perfect 5/7

I was there and everything was great. Temps in the 70's and lots of long green flag runs. I was scanning Larson most of the race and was rewarded when he started screaming "HOLY SH!T!!!" like 3 times after clearing Truex off turn 2. Pure elation. It was my first race without JG in the field and it was pretty relaxing to just hang out and take it all in.
He was yelling it out into turn 1 and his spotter came on and told him to shut up and focus, lol. I was dying at his shock of what he had just done. Dude was celebrating he W with 1 1/2 laps to go.

With the exception of overtime, the race was predictably boring. Cars stretch out and no real racing anywhere. Cup is always claiming they are looking for answers as to how to make racing better. They need look no further than the trucks. Saturday's truck racing was far and away a much better race. Reconfigure the cars more like the trucks. It's simple. Bring that draft really into play. Has almost gotten to the point in Cup that the 1 1/2 - 2 mile tracks are just a restart contest then everyone spreads out and rides until the next restart

He was yelling it out into turn 1 and his spotter came on and told him to shut up and focus, lol. I was dying at his shock of what he had just done. Dude was celebrating he W with 1 1/2 laps to go.
The exuberance of youth.

The longer it lasts, the better.

This is a rate the race thread, not asking for a dissertation. Goodness.

Makes me wonder about the BenHur chariot race, and the way he saved his spokes. Perhaps Charleston Heston inspired James Garner who grew up to to do the Gran Prix movie.
And maybe Charleston Heston inspired George Jones to write and "the race is on, heartaches down the backstraight, and the winner looses all"...
Maybe between Charleston and George Jones Southern twang they inspired the Southern man to make Nascar top priority... then there was Dale Earnhardt.
Maybe Charleston and James Garner inspired Aryton Senna to be an F1 driver too.

I also think that things would be different if the Mongols would have had cameras to document their horsmanship, too. But the philosophical side of me knows some of that stuff was probably better unseen, and unsaids.

I agree and think it is important to rate the Michigan race, the thread deserves an honest answer.
But I have not rated Ben Hurs Chariot race yet, or James Garners Monaco race.

I cant seriously evaluate Michigan, until I finish rating the first two.
And I cant even do them until I finish with the Mongol archeological findings.

So you will just have to excuse me for not being cheap enough to jump ahead to Michigan while ignoring the stuff that others died for in those movies.
I have to live with myself, and my integrity to maintain. I cant just do some evil thing that like that, and bring dishonor to the raisings my Mom and Dad provided.

They grew in depression times and I am thankful for the values they taught me.
If I had just a few moments I would say more about them... (to be continued)

Makes me wonder about the BenHur chariot race, and the way he saved his spokes. Perhaps Charleston Heston inspired James Garner who grew up to to do the Gran Prix movie.
And maybe Charleston Heston inspired George Jones to write and "the race is on, heartaches down the backstraight, and the winner looses all"...
Maybe between Charleston and George Jones Southern twang they inspired the Southern man to make Nascar top priority... then there was Dale Earnhardt.

I also think that things would be different if the Mongols would have had cameras to document their horsmanship, too. But the philosophical side of me knows some of that stuff was probably better unseen, and unsaids.

I agree and think it is important to rate the Michigan race, the thread deserves an honest answer.

So you will just have to excuse me for not being cheap enough to jump ahead to Michigan while ignoring the stuff that others died for in those movies.
I have to live with myself, and my integrity to maintain. I cant just do some evil thing that like that, and bring dishonor to the raisings my Mom and Dad provided.

Good Lord @Greg . Take a breath, drink a shot of tequila and watch the truck race. You must of lost three brain cells that you can't afford to lose writing that. Damn. :p

Good Lord @Greg . Take a breath, drink a shot of tequila and watch the truck race. You must of lost three brain cells that you can't afford to lose writing that. Damn. :p

I know, I forgot to mention the Pony Express and the way they influenced the desire for speed in the post.
It will not happen again.

So, like a 6?

Back
Top Bottom