Rate The Race: Michigan II

I'll give it a 6. The first half was blah, and the second half was only made exciting because of the three young guns battling up front.

My whole squad was in the top 5 and Larson got his first W. The rain held off and they raced to the finish with no overtime bull****. 10.

Solid 8, solid 10 for another first time winner

Race: 5
Winner: 100
Battle between the 2 awesome youngsters: Infinity

Literally so much better than seeing Kyle Busch or Kevin Harvick winning every week.

I am going with a 6.5 as if there was a lot happening for the first 3/4 of the race NBC did not show it. I liked the long green flag runs and the clean restarts and it was also great to see a first time winner that won as a result of speed but I was hoping young Chase could get the job done but Larson needed the victory more.

If I put my fanboi pants on I would give the race a milllion, billion, kazillion as it was sweet to see karma visit Shrub again and also to see Diva and the 78 team shoot themselves in the foot again.

NASCAR only fiddled with it once, that’s worth a point over a three. It was a four hundred mile race, thankfully, rather than a five hundred, another point for that brings it to a five.

An overdue well done to you, Larson. Congratulations.

9 Solid 9 race. There were a couple 10 parts to it also. Especially when K... Oh, never mind!!

10 for the view
12 for the winner
3 for the race

Good lord I barely watched laps 50-150, just such a boring race

6ec05019ff4b64033fcfcb6b6a8f8f00.jpg

To me it was 9.75. Nascar's low downforce era continues to provide a scintillating degree of difficulty on fast intermediate tracks, with the drivers having to apply effort and skill to maintain competitive speed. Clean air will always be a benefit, but today they could (and did) run close, run side-by-side, and execute passes. This race was a cliff-hanger to the very end, and great to see Larson break his duck, with Elliott and Blaney in hot pursuit.

I love the 40-45 mph speed differential between the end of the straight and mid-corner speed, with the drivers pedaling it all the way from the entry of turn 1 to the exit of 2, and again at the 3-4 end of the track. This track with these aero rules genuinely separates the pretenders from the contenders. Awesome. (I know many disagree and prefer pack racing at Talladega or blocking & tackling at Martinsville, but I will soldier on, resolute with my unpopular opinion..:oops:) LOL.

Idk. Maybe an 8? I was entertained.

But I gotta admit my bias, had it been the 18 and 11 leading most the race and going for the win instead of the 42 and 24, I probably would've rated it a 4.

There was no dominant car and some intetesting story lines. Still, these cars are too hooked up at this track. The last time I was here, 2004, the cars were still sliding around. Now they're on rails....

Michigan is still an awesome awesome place for a race. Pocono has improved a lot with the return of shifting. I'd like to see something done to free up the cars at MIS.

Pics comimg tomorrow when I get home....

Hard to be fair, ever race is a 10 when you are there! Imagining I had watched from home, I'll go with a 7. As someone else mentioned, only 1 BS caution is a big plus. And the leader could actually be passed without aero issues becoming too extreme.

Back
Top Bottom