Rate The Race: Talladega II

1, because I don't think zero scores are included in the average. When well under half the field is running at the end, that's not racing, that's a demo derby. Name any other racing series where that could happen. And yet here it's not only expected, it's celebrated.

.3 for the last three laps, when nobody left was interested in forming a pack and nobody cared about partners. That was some good racing, but not worth the 185 laps and 3 red flags it took to get there.

0 more structure at a child's pre school run by the children and my favorite driver Daniel almost won but blew it

It reminded me of this year's Brickyard. An entertaining debacle but not a good race imo....

I'm going with an 8. The racing was great and the finish was a blast to watch! That said, the cautions / red flags were really long.

Good racing for a while. Too many wrecks at the end robbed the track of a great finish.

To many red flags for me : But I love the track and the race. I am already having withdrawls
thinking about how far out Daytona is.

My rating is the same as Bluto's GPA in Animal house and for those unfamiliar it was a 0.0. It was the normal smoke and mirrors stuff until 20 to go and my rating dropped from a 4 to a ZERO in that time as it was a complete farce that had nothing to do with racing, IMO.

Based on the TV ratings and attendance a whole lot of people like the stuff that takes place at Daytona and Talladega and if you are one of them I am happy for you and even though it is not my cup of tea I am glad we are not all the same.

1, because I don't think zero scores are included in the average. When well under half the field is running at the end, that's not racing, that's a demo derby. Name any other racing series where that could happen. And yet here it's not only expected, it's celebrated.

.3 for the last three laps, when nobody left was interested in forming a pack and nobody cared about partners. That was some good racing, but not worth the 185 laps and 3 red flags it took to get there.

Just awful, IMO, and I hope all the drivers involved in wrecks didn't get concussed or injured in any other way from the gratuitously dangerous crap that went on today. Once again this is JMO and I applaud others that see things differently as a person likes what they like.

I only watched the last 25 laps after NHRA got done. Of what I saw for about 13 green flag laps out fo the 24, I'm going with a solid 1. I'll take ya'lls word for it that the first 2/3 weren't such a cluster**** and average that to a 3. :p

5...the cautions took forever multiple red flags. Race dragged, the last 10 or so laps were worth watching though

An 8 for me, as it was entertaining with lots of strategy, then lots of typical scrambling. Amazing Jr got through 3 wrecks to at least have a shot at the end. So glad Brad beat Newman, who wasn't worthy to be in that position.

Shame on the 19 for causing the wreck that took out Chase. Hate Blaney was caught up in one. I want my 21 and 24 to advance into round 3.

I have no idea and I watched almost every lap. I will say that from the last restart to the finish then I'd say a 10. That was fantastic racing. Before then there were times when it was a 0 and times when it reached a 7. I just don't know.

Back
Top Bottom