Rate The Race: Texas II

State it as many times as you like.

The venues you don't like are worth hundreds of millions of dollars and have lengthy contracts for their events. The fleets of racecars built to suit those venues are worth hundreds of millions more. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for the kinds of changes you would like to see.

Go to one of many of the short tracks in your area. Enjoy.
Geee when the stands are empty and the tv contracts run out who is going to pay for the cars and drivers to race ?

I wonder what manufacturer made the crappy switch on the 48 car ? JJ wore out 2 elbows flikking that damned switch

I believe the cars definitely need some major improvements considering they used to be able to stay fairly close together on track at the 1.5's compared to how each individual car gets spread out now. If they could achieve that closer racing years ago, it's still possible today. Cars would still get spread out back then, but it usually took a lot longer than it does now.

Especially when a piece of tape can get the win. It has nothing to do with what Blayne did, how did one peice of tape run Truex down that fast? You are supposed to overheat if you have to much tape. Any ideas?
Harvick said he was watching Larson running deep into one and knew his brakes wouldn't handle it (Larson wrecked out later). So Harvick saved his brakes and when the time came in the last of part of the race he did that and ran down Truex using more brake.

Hopefully Nascar can continue to evolve but also be attractive to a good number of people. Fingers crossed the next car really helps.

Here is a clearer picture of the stands at Texas.
https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-medi...gressive,q_80,w_1600/uwcu0l5ynowhidlxo9e3.jpg

Here is your burnout in front of empty stands
https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-medi...gressive,q_80,w_1600/zkqdfh6hrlh7ievwjwhh.jpg

Here is what Harvick's car looked like after the burnout.
https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-medi...gressive,q_80,w_1600/pkkitvbs0bufwgh8t2il.jpg

Jones car after his burnout.
https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-medi...gressive,q_80,w_1600/jrbrjeahn5znuy8a862l.jpg

Thanks for the pics as I enjoyed them. It looked like a very light crowd to me especially for an important playoff race.

Hopefully Nascar can continue to evolve but also be attractive to a good number of people. Fingers crossed the next car really helps.

I don't think any amount of coolness in the cars is going to help. Times change so fast now that what was a winning strategy 5 years ago is dead on arrival by the time all the bickering and politicking gets resolved.

Case and point, we have a former vice chairman of the board of GM calling for the near-term end of personal cars and damning car culture.

By the time the gen 6 rolls out I'm afraid there's going to be fewer and fewer showroom buyers to even connect with.

Haha I've never heard in my life an argument of why a race car should not go as fast as possible. Lmao damn engineers properly building a car
Going fast doesn't equate always to good racing as is evident by today's Nascar. Attaining speeds of 200 plus on a 1.5 track isn't conducive to good racing, if these cars were slowed down to the 185-190 range and aero was less dependent there would be more side by side racing.

Haha I've never heard in my life an argument of why a race car should not go as fast as possible. Lmao damn engineers properly building a car
Going fast doesn't equate always to good racing as is evident by today's Nascar. Attaining speeds of 200 plus on a 1.5 track isn't conducive to good racing, if these cars were slowed down to the 185-190 range and aero was less dependent there would be more side by side racing.
A cinder block flying through the air at 130 mph is “aero dependent”.

There is no less or more aero dependency. Aerodynamics are in play and affect the cars in a way that can be felt at any speed above about 90 mph.

Race speeds are currently constrained because of liability issues. The only way to slow down is to drastically reduce engine output. That won’t result in “good” racing, whatever that means.

A cinder block flying through the air at 130 mph is “aero dependent”.

There is no less or more aero dependency. Aerodynamics are in play and affect the cars in a way that can be felt at any speed above about 90 mph.

Race speeds are currently constrained because of liability issues. The only way to slow down is to drastically reduce engine output. That won’t result in “good” racing, whatever that means.
We had good racing before at slower speeds, good racing can be attained in the 185mph range. Make a smaller displacement engine, less horsepower, if Nascar continues down the road their on now, there won't be anyone watching.

We had good racing before at slower speeds, good racing can be attained in the 185mph range. Make a smaller displacement engine, less horsepower, if Nascar continues down the road their on now, there won't be anyone watching.
good luck getting a real stock sedan to hit 185
but nascar is not about stock cars anymore.

Back
Top Bottom