Rate The Race: The Brickyard

Saw this on Reddit and think it can apply here lol

ezzs4pcp0gbz.jpg

I lol'ed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 and that's only cause it was my 5 and 6 year old boys first race. They knew no different and were ecstatic every time the cars came around turn 1. That made it worth it.
That's what counts right there! Glad they enjoyed it! :D

I'll go with a 9. I was expecting a snoozer so I was quite glad that wasnt the case. After Truex and Busch wrecked, it made a lot of drivers believe they could win.

9.5!

First half was kinda blah but after Busch and Truex kissed each other it got a lot more competitive.

And the winner didn't hurt either.

I didn't like the 18 and 78 manipulating the restarts (a pet peeve I have w/team tactics). But the they were the two best cars and when it came down to an honest restart they took each other out - a racing deal. During the late restarts the drivers tried everything for an advantage which caused a lot of wrecks. It's clear the race means a lot to those guys. It looks like strategy won the race after the two best cars crashed. It looked like there weren't many cars left at the end.

9. I kinda liked it. The last few laps were intense.

I wish the "green flag back in the air" dude would quit it

Overall I enjoyed it. Not so much the first half but the second half helped pull a solid 9 from me. One good fight and we would have covered just about every scenario possible at a race for a 10.

I'll go with a 5.

It would've been a 3 if Truex/Busch didn't crash out.

I was certainly entertained. But too many red flags, wrecks and NASCAR dumbassery

The race ebbed and flowed. I would rate it a 6. It more then met my expectations, but they were low to begin with. I liked the hard aggressive racing, but the blocking was absolutely ridiculous. I don't mind blocking, but when guys are being forced into the grass or into the front stretch wall for 12 and 13th, it is getting a little absurd. Yesterday we watched the best drivers in the world lose there minds with 25 laps to go.

As a fan who is a die hard fan, I hated to see the carnage, but from a fringe perspective I'm sure it was wildly entertaining minus the sheer fact that there were so many delays and the track clean up was awful. If NASCAR is looking to attract new and younger fans this is not the way to do it. The drivers did their job, but the track clean up and the delay in the action will cause the sport to lose those very same viewers.

Imagine being someone who turns on the TV without any real intention to watch anything and the TV is on NBC. You tune in at the point of the start of stage 3 and start watching, IF and it is a big IF for most people, the action on track is enough to make you stop and pay attention long enough to the carnage, the nearly 45 minute delay between restarts would be enough for them to go channel surfing.

Also, if that race would have been shortened by darkness the sport would have never heard the end of it. The races need to be started by no later then 1pm local time at tracks where they do not have lights. It is already bad enough that NASCAR decided to not thro the yellow until after the OT line was reached on a clear yellow flag situation because they knew they did not have the daylight left to get the race restarted.

That race started roughly around 2:30 pm EST. Those drivers were in those cars for approximately 6 hours or more. That's is absolutely absurd. If I am at that race with my wife, who is a fan, but not a die hard like me, I can guarantee she would never return there. Those are the fans the sport needs to turn. They need those fringe people who are interested in the sport on a live level to be the ones sitting in front of the TV on Sunday and yesterday's debacle does not get the job done.

I liked KK getting the much needed win and hats off to him for doing all the post race stuff when the dude most likely needed to get an IV of fluids.

What were you doing the day Kasey woke up and realized that he got paid to drive a race car.....
sarcastic.gif

7.5, a very good Brickyard 400 but not a great one. At a very minimum, the 78 and 18 teams know what Keselowski was talking about after Kentucky about the evils of high side force on restarts. There was hard, aggressive racing, there were many strategies playing out, and the outcome was highly uncertain. Early in the race, did the 78 have anything for the 18? After they crashed out, who would capitalize on the opportunity? A lot of interesting storylines, IMO.

Rain delay and two red flags for carnage... yuck. But the running score is Karma 36 - Kyle Damn Busch 0, so that is good to see.

4.75 for the race that occurred after rain delay's, slow as hell cleanup crews even on minor dust ups. Have to give Kasey a 10 for winning!!

At first a zero, single file areo races are boring. The 2 lead cars crashing upped it to a 9 for awhile. then the crash fest lowered to a 3, kasey winning brought it back up. ( he's not my favorite driver what so ever but basically new blood in the winners circle is nice to see ) so 5.5 overall.

7 because even though the race was awful for the first 100 laps seeing Kyle Busch wreck always get a bump up in the score

Kahne winning also gives it a boost in the score as well

I only watched the first 10 laps and then turned off the TV and went to Atlanta. Today I was at the NASCAR HoF at Charlotte (where I had a great day), saw that Kasey Kahne had won and thought: What the hell have I missed?!? Thankfully there was a TV that showed how everyone crashed. Will watch it in re-live when I'm back home.

Back
Top Bottom