Rate The Race: Watkins Glen

I'll go an 8. The cautions killed me. Glad they red flagged it and let it go with 4 left.

I'm devastated for the 42. So ******.

Reactions: Bob

Great track, interesting ending but the last 20 laps was a bit of a cluster F....

Not bad. Cautions were a drag.

The racing was better here a couple years ago. The last two years have been stagnant.

I have to downgrade for the BS cautions. I have never been as irate with cautions when they absolutely were not needed as today. A piece of metal that could have been picked up with a local caution. A tire on pit road?? I've seen FIRES on pit road that don't lead to a caution. And finally, a spin where both drivers were back in the right direction before the caution was thrown. A 3.

Doing what TRL did, the actual racing was a solid 8.

The race itself --- 8.5 Strictly the race.
I'm discounting the reds and yellows.
I always rate the race/racing. I don't figure in the cautions, Nascars hijinks or lack thereof, who won, track surface, weather or anything else. Just the racing.

My rating would be biased as I got off work with 15 laps left, so I never actually got to see any racing due to so many cautions.

742 gazillion. TRD rolls! Love this!

I always rate the race/racing. I don't figure in the cautions, Nascars hijinks or lack thereof, who won, track surface, weather or anything else. Just the racing.
But the racing is a result of the cautions. Without idiotic cautions, strategy actually comes into play and drivers have to race instead of survive a restart.

But the racing is a result of the cautions. Without idiotic cautions, strategy actually comes into play and drivers have to race instead of survive a restart.
You rate it the way you want to and I'll do the same. My way is not necessarily the right way but neither is your's or anybody else's. It's a personal preference.

I respect everyone who liked the race and those who were able to overlook the bogus wheel on pit road caution but that was it for me. These sorts of things are very damaging to a series that wishes to be considered a sport.

8.5 loved the racing, if they hadn't been racing hard they would have been single file and no cautions. Hate to see Larson get dumped at the end.

Back
Top Bottom