Rate The Race: Watkins Glen

NBC? pro toyoder as hell. Announcers? ehmmm not impressed but at least no "green flag back in the air" overall a 4

Truex rules! He seems to be doing everything this year. I think the lack of cautions messed up some strategies. I had no idea how it was going to end (Kenseth and Bowyer were in position if others ran out of gas). Truex isn't known for backing off, I expected him to run out of gas. I liked the announcers in the corners (but the radio guys do it better - they've got the experience).

7.0 overall rating, a good race but not a great one. Any Cup series race at Watkins Glen should be a great race. This fast, wide circuit plus the depth and quality of the Cup grid seems like a marriage made in heaven.

But this year I'm deducting several points due to the Toyota power and speed advantage that has been overwhelming in recent weeks. All six of 'em finished up front again. At Watkins Glen, it is easy to see horsepower with the naked eye due to the long straights. I sure hope it's temporary, because the racing had been mostly first rate this year, until the last month. Hey you tech guys, fix this ASAP.

6, good race drama at the finish. It would've been an 8 if KyBoohoo would've completed his walk and got smacked down and carried off by NASCAR Officials

8. Any road race is a good race. For the naysayers who say letting cars pass so you can save gas isn't racing, what about this scenario. If it were you in the driver seat and knew you had the best chance of winning by saving fuel, even if it meant letting other cars pass, would you still race as hard as you could knowing you had to stop for fuel and gave the win away? Just something to think about.:idunno:

4. The race may have been better had NBC done a better job covering or it could have been much better in person but all I can pass judgement on is what is available for me to see from my comfy recliner.

7.0 overall rating, a good race but not a great one. Any Cup series race at Watkins Glen should be a great race. This fast, wide circuit plus the depth and quality of the Cup grid seems like a marriage made in heaven.

But this year I'm deducting several points due to the Toyota power and speed advantage that has been overwhelming in recent weeks. All six of 'em finished up front again. At Watkins Glen, it is easy to see horsepower with the naked eye due to the long straights. I sure hope it's temporary, because the racing had been mostly first rate this year, until the last month. Hey you tech guys, fix this ASAP.

Brad Kezelowski did his best to take out the 18 so at least you have that.

I could only catch the last three laps. Those were really entertaining and engrossing.

Resulting in much whine ...... whine that was absent when the 4 was leading every race ... or the 48

Have you caught Kez's blog yet to explain the bigger picture of why he drove like an absolute douce into the Bus Stop? I'm sure that he will put it into the proper context like world hunger or something....and that those he think he drove like an idiot are really the ones with the problem.

Have you caught Kez's blog yet to explain the bigger picture of why he drove like an absolute douce into the Bus Stop? I'm sure that he will put it into the proper context like world hunger or something....and that those he think he drove like an idiot are really the ones with the problem.

My guess is that he didn't want to be passed by the 18 :idunno:
I don't read his blog or listen to anything he says

Had to watch this one on the DVR, it's never as fun watching a race when you already know who won, but I was still entertained. I'll go with a 7.5.

I don't mind a driver getting praised or hammered on depending on the situation but I like there to be evenness all round. What bothers me about the incident between the 2 and 18 is that if the situation was reversed all we would be hearing about is how Kyle ran out of talent and was a douche blah, blah blah. BKez crashed out the 48 at Kentucky and very easily could have ruined the day of the 18 yesterday but it is all good and just racin' deals.

Watched this one later knowing that Truex won, but it was a good one, and having those turn announcers made it better for me, and you can't beat the glen
I'll give it a 9

Back
Top Bottom