RCR #33

F

fastfordfan

Joe Falk to take over #33 team: Hermie Sadler will race in Sunday's "Goody's Fast Relief 500" at Martinsville Speedway, driving a #33 Chevrolet fielded - officially - by Richard Childress Racing. The Virginia native has confirmed, however, that the #33 team will soon belong to former Sprint Cup Series owner Joe Falk, who will make his return to the sport in two weeks at Texas Motor Speedway. "I had been talking to Richard about driving the #33 at some point this year," said Sadler on Sirius XM NASCAR Radio's Sirius XM Speedway. "And in the last week to 10 days, Richard made a deal with Joe Falk& to purchase the team and its (owner) points. Joe is a big NASCAR fan who has done pretty well in the car business. A lot of people know him, he's been around the sport forever." Sadler called this week's entry "a collaborative effort" between RCR and Falk, as part of a transition that will see Falk assume ownership of the car at Texas Motor Speedway on April 14. "This is technically an RCR effort this week," he said. "It's an older Richard Childress car with a Childress engine under the hood. Richard entered the car this weekend because of (NASCAR rules concerning) entry blanks and when they have to be submitted. After they filed the entry, conversations began between him and Joe about making the transition official in time for Texas." Falk was listed as co-owner of the Hillman Racing #40 Toyota that Michael Waltrip attempted to qualify for this year's Daytona 500, and sources say the #33 entry may be housed at the Hillman Racing shop in Mooresville, NC.(Godfather Motorsports)(3-30-2012)

Will Hermie be Joe's regular driver for the 33?

That would be kinda cool! I've always liked that boy!

This team will quickly fall out of the top 35. Then they'll fail to makes races. They'll fold in June citing lack of sponsorship as the reason.

I thought maybe Elliot and Austin would split time some time in that car.

Richard has other cars he can field for those guys. And there are several car numbers available - including one particular number that NA$$CAR has allowed to remain under the control of RCR. Based upon the "plan", Austin will be running the 3 for RCR next season so it may just be time to dust off that car number and see what happens.

No pressure, right? :p

Richard has other cars he can field for those guys. And there are several car numbers available - including one particular number that NA$$CAR has allowed to remain under the control of RCR. Based upon the "plan", Austin will be running the 3 for RCR next season so it may just be time to dust off that car number and see what happens.

No pressure, right? :p

Could DEI merge with RCR and Ganassi goes to Dodges? Or is the DEI/Ganassi merger for a few more years? Will Elliot get another shot at cup or will they leave him in Nationwide, Ty is going to Nationwide next year.

Could DEI merge with RCR and Ganassi goes to Dodges? Or is the DEI/Ganassi merger for a few more years? Will Elliot get another shot at cup or will they leave him in Nationwide, Ty is going to Nationwide next year.

Austin to CUP in the 3 car in 2013
Ty to N'wide in the 3 car in 2013
Sadler in the CUP mix, somehow, depending on what happens with Burton and sponsorship arrangements but I expect Jeff to continue in his ride.
We all know that "Daddy's Money" will be back...
3, 27, 29, 31. There is no room at the inn for Sadler...

DEI is a museum now that Joonyer is gone.
Thanks to Tony Stewart for that one!

Austin to CUP in the 3 car in 2013
Ty to N'wide in the 3 car in 2013
Sadler in the CUP mix, somehow, depending on what happens with Burton and sponsorship arrangements but I expect Jeff to continue in his ride.
We all know that "Daddy's Money" will be back...
3, 27, 29, 31. There is no room at the inn for Sadler...

DEI is a museum now that Joonyer is gone.
Thanks to Tony Stewart for that one!

I think all of this will happen except for the parts that don't.

Back
Top Bottom