RCR?

Team Penske

Team Owner
I think back on RCR and wonder if they re an Xfinity team or just a washed up Cup team. In my opinion they never were a great Cup Team. Oh yes they do have 6 championships however i think Dale won those in spite of what RCR gave him. For Dale, they were lucky he had open practice and qualifying. In todays Nascar, I doubt he would have has the success he did have. Was he a great driver? In my opinion he was the best of his era.

Today RCR puts out a great car for their Xfinity teams, but are lost when it comes to cup and I think they never where all that good. Other than Dale and Harvick, no one has has much success in their equipment.

The solution in my opinion is: retire the number #3 and driver.
Bring on board SHR #4 (Josh Berry and his crew chief Rodney Childers,
Keep the #8 team intact ( maybe a few team changes) and build from there.

Looking forward to your opinion.

Well trouble is definitely brewing there. Looks as if Andy has been the first shown the door. Not sure but I think Shrub is only has a contract through the end of nex year. What happens if he doesn't make the playoffs next year, even if it's because of poor equipment. I bet he really misses JGR.

"https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ot...S&cvid=ea1001adc9ba4597ba6cb70fbbd0f654&ei=49"

Fans Blame Richard Childress' Kyle Busch Favoritism Behind Parting Ways With NASCAR Legend​

RCR was probably the #2 Chevy team in the 90's. JGR eventually passed them and they haven't been near the top since then. I think Reddick did more for the team than people realized. Not saying he's better than Busch. I think Reddick just gets in the car, drives it, and adapts to it because of his dirt background. Busch wants the car to do certain things. If he can't get it, he's out on left field, at least with this new car.

I said, at the time, Childress putting Dillon in the one of his cars and building the team around him was going to be a big mistake. Look at the drivers that came into Cup after Dillon that already have more wins than he does. RCR is on the verge of becoming Petty Enterprises before Richard took on other partners that got the team turned around.

RCR was probably the #2 Chevy team in the 90's. JGR eventually passed them and they haven't been near the top since then. I think Reddick did more for the team than people realized. Not saying he's better than Busch. I think Reddick just gets in the car, drives it, and adapts to it because of his dirt background. Busch wants the car to do certain things. If he can't get it, he's out on left field, at least with this new car.

I said, at the time, Childress putting Dillon in the one of his cars and building the team around him was going to be a big mistake. Look at the drivers that came into Cup after Dillon that already have more wins than he does. RCR is on the verge of becoming Petty Enterprises before Richard took on other partners that got the team turned around.
RCR was CLEARLY the number one Chevy team until HMS ran off four straight titles, 1995-1998. People tend to forget or just don't know how mediocre HMS really was until Mr. Evernham and Mr. Gordon got settled in. Remember what Ray told Jeff after touring HMS. To paraphrase "They have everything you would need or want, they just aren't doing much with it."

I agree about Dillon. Even when he WAS winning a race now and then, he CLEARLY isn't a driver you can carry the company forward with. HMS or JGR could probably deal with having a Dillon on the roster without being too much of a problem. Where RCR is at, they need at WORST a couple B+ drivers. They have a declining A and a C. For those that were hoping that RCR was righting their ship, 2023 is looking more like an anomaly than a trend.

Before the deathbedders get to hammering too hard, lets state some facts.
Richard Childress Racing (RCR) is an American professional stock car racing team that currently competes in the NASCAR Cup Series and the NASCAR Xfinity Series. The team is based in Welcome, North Carolina, and is owned and operated by Richard Childress.
RCR has had at least one car successfully qualify for every Cup race since
1972, the longest such active streak, and is known for the longstanding use of the number 3 on its primary race car.
Now hammer away.

Well trouble is definitely brewing there. Looks as if Andy has been the first shown the door. Not sure but I think Shrub is only has a contract through the end of nex year. What happens if he doesn't make the playoffs next year, even if it's because of poor equipment. I bet he really misses JGR.

"https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ot...S&cvid=ea1001adc9ba4597ba6cb70fbbd0f654&ei=49"

Fans Blame Richard Childress' Kyle Busch Favoritism Behind Parting Ways With NASCAR Legend​

NASCAR Legend and Andy Petree? Really?

Since everyone is adding their 2 cents in....... I think Austin Dillon's future in Cup is in the boardroom at RCR, he had a nice career won a few crown jewels you thank him for what he did in adding into the history at RCR and then you go to Kyle Busch and ask "What do you need to win here". At this point, they have to overhaul everything. I was always curious about the Petree hire because he was last successful in 1994. Theres no way with what he knew back then and what was successful then remotely translates to now. With Dillon leading the way in RCR's office, you go out and get the best people you can with the best equipment and go from there. They're behind on something whether thats talent in shop or actual equipment or race week processes, overhaul all of it. Also for those that think its sacrilege..... keep the 3 on track because even today it prints money and can be leveraged to get sponsors or partners in there that can finance all this, I dont care who drives the car whether its Kyle, Brexton, Keelan or some other driver out there the point is that number is still flush with cash. Resting on historic semantics may have gotten them in this position, I just dont know if they can get out of it at this current point. It's sad to see them squandering Kyle Busch with whatever he has left in the talent tank, RCR had down years with Harvick but this just feels different. They're lost.

Sorry, I am not ready to throw dirt on the casket. I think getting rid of Petree was a good move. I've listened to him many times on Race Hub, and he never has impressed me. He seems to be living off the past accomplishments. They need to get some guys working that are hungry and current and want to make a name for themselves.

Tbh, I mean I can see calling Andy Petree a legend. He did win two championships with Earnhardt. Plus the wins he got with Earnhardt.

Sorry, I am not ready to throw dirt on the casket. I think getting rid of Petree was a good move. I've listened to him many times on Race Hub, and he never has impressed me. He seems to be living off the past accomplishments. They need to get some guys working that are hungry and current and want to make a name for themselves.
agreed. I think a fresh innovative way of thinking might get them out of the doldrums they're currently in.

Not having a lot of practice is Kyle Busch's kryptonite. He can't adapt to a car the way all these guys coming from a dirt background or asphalt late model background can.

I remember saying Kevin Harvick would win a championship his first season away from RCR if he ever left that team. I think they were on a downhill slide back in the late-2000s but had a generational talent in the car.

A lot like Roush. Mark Martin would definitely have more than one championship if he had went to Hendrick or Gibbs in the early-2000s.

I think Kyle has been as patient and as tolerant as Kyle Busch can be with the equipment he has been given to race with. Something had to change. Petree was responsible for what they were putting out. It was his job. Both of the RCR cars have been junk, it isn't just one of them.

I think whoever is managing the Xfinity program should be promoted at RCR. They are putting out some competitive stuff in a highly competitive series.
Rookie Love has 3 poles and Austin Hill has two. They are putting out some fast cars in the series.

I think whoever is managing the Xfinity program should be promoted at RCR. They are putting out some competitive stuff in a highly competitive series.
This has puzzled me for a while. I realize it's easier to spend your way to Xfinity success but RCR's Cup resources should be sufficient to field better than what we're seeing.

I think a couple of you should go take a look at Petree's resume.
It's definitely worthy of NASCAR Legend status.
He will at least be considered for the Hall of Fame at some point.

I think Kyle has been as patient and as tolerant as Kyle Busch can be with the equipment he has been given to race with. Something had to change. Petree was responsible for what they were putting out. It was his job. Both of the RCR cars have been junk, it isn't just one of them.
Pfft. Next Gen. Everybody has the same stuff, right? Kyle can't drive it, Poor Richard can't figure out who to hire to engineer it, and Chevy doesn't care because they have The Felon. Hire KB....expectations are high, weaknesses are exposed. KB is gonna ignite soon, and I am here for it.

Kyle ****** Busch...patient and tolerant. Got it.

Back
Top Bottom