Reddick

Harvick did fairly well there, Newman wasn't bad, but I think Childress knows cowboy hat isn't going to set the world on fire. A driver like Reddick is a chance that doesn't come along very often so he should get the benefit of the best crew and equipment.

In order for him to really show what hes got I think RCR needs to step up the level of their equipment. Lets face it Chevy isn't exactly setting the world on fire and they're the #3 Chevy team behind HMS and CGR.

Can't wait to watch the young guns line up for the Daytona 500, next year.

Harvick did fairly well there, Newman wasn't bad, but I think Childress knows cowboy hat isn't going to set the world on fire. A driver like Reddick is a chance that doesn't come along very often so he should get the benefit of the best crew and equipment.

Silverspoon, cowboy hat , all hat no cows, Nascar Wives, Austin Dillion is a field filler at best. He has yet to win a race straight up. He has won three, all with a * by them. JMHO. (and YES, I cannot stand the little spoon fed ****)

Silverspoon, cowboy hat , all hat no cows, Nascar Wives, Austin Dillion is a field filler at best. He has yet to win a race straight up. He has won three, all with a * by them. JMHO. (and YES, I cannot stand the little spoon fed ****)

Shouldn't this be in the Austin Dillon Appreciation Thread. :)

We're here to celebrate a young gun who openly admits he needs to get better and continues to improve as he challenges for a 2nd Xfinity Championship -- getting his shot in Cup.

Think Tyler's going to do well in that 8. Maybe make the playoffs. Maybe...... but I will wager he will be in contention. I do think he's going to wipe the floor with Pop-Pop's grandson, its going to be a blood bath. That will be interesting if it does happen, Austin deserves to be a Cup driver hes proven that in the lower series. But I dont think he should be the #1 driver at any organization in their flagship and historic car. I wanted to like Austin but he just hasnt produced and I dont even think RCR is that bad or as bad as they have shown. I think they got good people and good equipment...... I think their lack of results stem from their driver roster. I believe Tyler Reddick will be a step in the right direction.

I think Tyler will be able to show his true abilities in the Nascar Cup Series, once he can land a ride with a first class team, this ain't it.
I like Tyler, have for a long time.

The 8 is filled with untapped performance. Reddick is ready and waiting with his red solo cup.

why don't you tell us how ya really feel. :D:D:p (I agree)

Hate that Hemric lost his ride after one season. Do they really expect someone to jump into the #8 and run for the championship? Reddick might finish 20th next season, but probably no better.

Hate that Hemric lost his ride after one season. Do they really expect someone to jump into the #8 and run for the championship? Reddick might finish 20th next season, but probably no better.

If Reddick finishes 20th then he'll be doing exactly what RC has asked him to do. Hemric is barely hanging onto 25th right now (+6 over the 43).

Quite frankly, it's unfair what's happened to Hemric, but it's probably what had to happen when Reddick finishes 9th at Kansas in the 31 and lights up the Xfinity Series. At moments Hemric looks solid & other moments that 8 looks downright bad.

Last edited:
I feel good about these young drivers getting opportunities to run in Cup. They've been sheltered in Trucks and Xfinity -- time to get out in deep waters and eat (or get eaten).

It's futile to dwell on the fairness or quality of opportunities in Cup, or racing for that matter.

It's futile to dwell on the fairness or quality of opportunities in Cup, or racing for that matter.[/QUOTE]

I agree, many drivers have made it to cup only to lose their ride. Algier was very smart to keep his sponsor and do well in a series that suits him.

Back
Top Bottom