Redneck Engineering Exam

majestyx

Administrator
Staff member
1. Calculate the smallest limb diameter on a persimmon tree that will support a 10 pound possum.
2. Which of the following cars will rust out the quickest when placed on blocks in your front yard? a) '66 Ford Fairlane b ) '69 Chevrolet Chevelle c) '64 Pontiac GTO
3. If your uncle builds a still that operates at a capacity of 20 gallons of shine per hour, how many car radiators are necessary to condense the product?
4. A pulpwood cutter has chain saw that operates at 2700 rpm. The density of the pine trees in a plot to be harvested is 470 per acre. The lot is 2.3 acres in size. The average tree diameter is 14 inches. How many Budweiser Tall-Boys will it take to cut the trees?
5. If every old refrigerator in the state vented a charge of R-12 simultaneously, what would be the decrease in the ozone layer?
6. A front porch is constructed of 2x8 pine on 24-inch centers with a field rock foundation. The span is 8 feet and the porch length is 16 feet. The porch floor is 1 inch rough sawn pine. When the porch collapses, how many hound dogs will be killed?
7. A man owns a house and 3.7 acres of land in a hollow with an average slope of 15%. The man has 5 children. Can each of the children place a mobile home on the man's land?
8. A 2-ton pulpwood truck is overloaded and proceeding down a steep grade on a secondary road at 45 mph. The brakes fail. Given the average traffic loading of secondary roads, how many people will swerve to avoid the truck before it crashes at the bottom of the mountain? For extra credit, how many of the vehicles that swerved will have mufflers and uncracked windshields?
9. A Coal Mine operates a NFPA Class 1, Division 2 Hazardous Area. The mine employs 120 miners per shift. A gas warning is issued at the beginning of 3rd shift. How many cartons of unfiltered Camels will be smoked during the shift?
10. How many generations will it take before cattle develop two legs shorter than the others because of grazing along a mountainside?

Originally posted by majestyx@Jan 5 2004, 12:56 PM
1. Calculate the smallest limb diameter on a persimmon tree that will support a 10 pound possum.
2. Which of the following cars will rust out the quickest when placed on blocks in your front yard? a) '66 Ford Fairlane b ) '69 Chevrolet Chevelle c) '64 Pontiac GTO
3. If your uncle builds a still that operates at a capacity of 20 gallons of shine per hour, how many car radiators are necessary to condense the product?
4. A pulpwood cutter has chain saw that operates at 2700 rpm. The density of the pine trees in a plot to be harvested is 470 per acre. The lot is 2.3 acres in size. The average tree diameter is 14 inches. How many Budweiser Tall-Boys will it take to cut the trees?
5. If every old refrigerator in the state vented a charge of R-12 simultaneously, what would be the decrease in the ozone layer?
6. A front porch is constructed of 2x8 pine on 24-inch centers with a field rock foundation. The span is 8 feet and the porch length is 16 feet. The porch floor is 1 inch rough sawn pine. When the porch collapses, how many hound dogs will be killed?
7. A man owns a house and 3.7 acres of land in a hollow with an average slope of 15%. The man has 5 children. Can each of the children place a mobile home on the man's land?
8. A 2-ton pulpwood truck is overloaded and proceeding down a steep grade on a secondary road at 45 mph. The brakes fail. Given the average traffic loading of secondary roads, how many people will swerve to avoid the truck before it crashes at the bottom of the mountain? For extra credit, how many of the vehicles that swerved will have mufflers and uncracked windshields?
9. A Coal Mine operates a NFPA Class 1, Division 2 Hazardous Area. The mine employs 120 miners per shift. A gas warning is issued at the beginning of 3rd shift. How many cartons of unfiltered Camels will be smoked during the shift?
10. How many generations will it take before cattle develop two legs shorter than the others because of grazing along a mountainside?

3/8 of an inch

A.

hmm i used to know this one, not that i make shine just read it on the net....1

WTF

well since it has a rock foundation it would be none.

yep, just use a lot of concreat blocks (seen a pic of that some wheres)

:dual9mm:

1 because the mine would blow up.

1, you sure can do a lot with AI (aritfacle insemaiotion)

how did i do?

1. From personal experience, having lived in a persimmon tree for nigh on 3 years now, the answer is 5/8 inch.

2. The Chevelle...it was already rusted out.

3. 4 radiators operating simultaneously.

4. Better get the keg just to be safe. Beer runs and chainsaws don't mix.

5. Depends on the state. But Al Gore would know.

6. All of them.

7. Besides the ones they already have you mean?

8. Depends on the day of the week, time of day, and whether or not any of the oncoming traffic have number 8 Budweiser Racing decals on them. Extra credit: see same answer.

9. 12

10. With proper breeding and a hacksaw, one.

What do I win?

Ha! Might know I would have to be the one to set the record straight on one glaring inaccuracy here! The most sought after block-supported car by Rednecks is a 1967 Fairlane! NOT a 1966 model as stated above! The 67's are the car of choice.

Originally posted by 97forever@Jan 5 2004, 06:34 PM
Ha! Might know I would have to be the one to set the record straight on one glaring inaccuracy here! The most sought after block-supported car by Rednecks is a 1967 Fairlane! NOT a 1966 model as stated above! The 67's are the car of choice.
Fix Or Repair Daily or Found On Road Dead....EVERY ford I have ever owned rusted out!

Every good conspriacy theorist knows that when Jack Kennedy was in office he was approached by GM ceo's to devise a special 'FORD attacking' type of smoke put out by the laughable 283 C.I motor of Chevy fame. The theory was that when these 'engines' started smoking badly---at about 10-15,000 miles---- the resulting smoke would attack primarily Ford products(due in part to the higher grade steel used in their construction) and cause a premature onset of rust.

DIABOLICAL! No wonder those Falcon driving cubans got rid of him.......

Now you know, Kat. :p

I know nothing except that Bow ate the cake and that you need to BOIL possum down to remove the fat.

Originally posted by kat2220@Jan 5 2004, 09:29 PM
BOIL possum
Now now, let's not get hasty here. :D More than one way to skin a kat ya know. :p

Originally posted by EatMorePossum+Jan 5 2004, 11:39 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (EatMorePossum @ Jan 5 2004, 11:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--kat2220@Jan 5 2004, 09:29 PM
BOIL possum
Now now, let's not get hasty here. :D More than one way to skin a kat ya know. :p [/b][/quote]
You may be a bad possum! ;) ;) :D

Originally posted by majestyx@Jan 5 2004, 06:56 PM
Not to be too particular, but refrigerators use R-22. Older cars used R-12.

Originally posted by 4xchampncountin@Jan 6 2004, 10:47 AM
Details, Details...ya think a redneck knows the difference? :p

Originally posted by DeeDee+Jan 6 2004, 03:51 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DeeDee @ Jan 6 2004, 03:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--4xchampncountin@Jan 6 2004, 10:47 AM
Details, Details...ya think a redneck knows the difference? :p [/b][/quote]
from my experience? no.

They used to come into the parts store years ago and ask for R-12 to put in their home refrigerators. Then when R-12 was basically outlawed they came in wanting R-22 to put in their old cars. :blink:

Back
Top Bottom