Regan Smith's Going to be a Pit Reporter

Like that move for FOX. I thought Regan was outstanding in the booth during the Iowa race last summer. He’s basically FOX’s Parker Kligerman.

Good for Regan. Personally I think he will do good except..... look what NBC turned their reporters into. They must pay by the word.

My only problem with the Fox announcement is that they didn't seem to get rid of anybody... specifically Adam Alexander calling Xfinity races and Michael Waltrip oozing all over the place...

I wonder why the broadcasters never listen to the fans about announcers? Could it be that these guys work real cheap? Maybe they think if they hired and fired on the basis of 1 season contracts
using fans support as the determining factor, they would soon have no one applying for the job.

Ragan replaces Chris Neville FWIW. They will have Alexander and Mikey and a rotating cast of drivers announcing the Xfinity races

Smith did a great job in the booth calling one of the Xfinity races in Iowa. Maybe they'll move him up if Gordon quits or DW finally retires.

Smith did a hell of a lot better job then Klingerman. The jabbers would hand it off to him and it reminded me of the hand off during an Olympic race. There was no respite from Klingerman. Fox would be fools to change to the format NBCSN is trying to cram down our throats.

DW is the Dickie V. (& Dick Stockton for that matter) of Nascar. Destined to stay in the booth 20 years past his prime.

I'm happy for Regan; he was an under-appreciated driver.

It is the best move for him, if we're being honest. His career as a driver stagnated after him and TBR parted ways.

Back
Top Bottom