Remembering Alan Kulwicki

Discussion in 'The Checkered Flag' started by dpkimmel2001, Apr 1, 2013.

1. dpkimmel2001

dpkimmel2001 Team Owner

20 years today since we lostAlan Kulwicki.

[​IMG]

2. breatheoflife

breatheoflife Team Owner

Greg likes this.
  3. ToyYoda

ToyYoda Team Owner

20 years ago today on April 1, 1993, defending Winston Cup champion Alan Kulwicki and several others tragically list their lives in a plane crash on their way to Bristol for that weekend's race. I was always a big Kulwicki fan,and I still wonder to this day what he might have become and how many titles he may have won had he not been taken so soon. He basically built a Cup team from scratch and won a championship with it just 6 years later, which is remarkable. Rest in peace, Alan.

4. de7xwcc

de7xwcc Anarchist

wow has it been that long !

i was on our corp. jet that night coming home from a business trip in Kansas City, and our pilot heard on the raido that there had been a crash between Knoxville and TRI, had no idea who it was till the next morning

5. Clutch

Clutch Team Owner

Wow 20 years ago...I was just shy of 30.

R.I.P Alan

6. racer8

racer8 Team Owner

I can only imagine how far he would have gone, He probably would have become a powerhouse team owner.
    He did it his way.

RIP Alan

7. Thegroundpounder99

Thegroundpounder99 Bull in a China Shop

I was just a kid then, but I remember watching that 1992 final race at Atlanta like it was yesterday. Alan winning the championship, the King's last ride and Jeff Gordon making his debut. What a great time to be a NASCAR fan and watch Alan accomplish what he did with so little. We lost way to much in 1993.

uploadfromtaptalk1364868989867.jpg

8. Greg

Greg 2014 RF YAHOO CHAMP Your leader

9. Johali

Johali Team Owner Contributor

Racem hard bud, you always did.

10. DUN24

DUN24 Skeptical of the Spectacle

First race I consciously remember watching as a kid... Can still watch it today in amazement. RIP Alan you will NEVER be forgotten.

11. be9ak7ts16

be9ak7ts16 Hick

He will forever live in my Racing-Forums Nic.