Reminder - Trucks at Bristol tonight

With the weight of the cars, tracks with banking would be near impossible in the rain.

Louden, Martinsville or Indy? Make it happen.

Maybe it is time to look at changing the weight of the vehicle. It isn't like they have to some how be a vehicle that people buy in a showroom. Design a vehicle that works in wet weather and dry. Do you think the rain delay tonight is helping the truck series retain/bring in sponsors? The amount of people who will be watching it live, and finding it later on TV or on some other channel that you might have in their cable/dish package will be drastically reduced. That means the sponsor's ROI is reduced.

A roof over bristol would not only be 100% deafening but if the ventilation of CO is not sufficient or even fails the liability is colossal.
You didn't actually read my post did you I left massive holes in the sides for air to circulate fumes out

where dat bonehead OF the week thread?

The green flag was scheduled to drop at 8:46 p.m. ET Wednesday, but that start time was postponed thanks to lighting in the area of “The Last Great Colosseum.”

who starts razin at 9pm?

I think a reasonable solution would be for Nascar to take a peek at the weather forecast a week in advance and choose a day that's clear.. It wouldn't affect attendance because nobody seems to show up anyway!

"Put a roof over Bristol"

They tried- https://racingnews.co/2017/03/10/bristol-motor-speedway-roof-discussed-by-bruton-smith/

As a New England boy, I tell ya, my mostly southern-based friends on this board, snow is HEAVY!!!

There was an issue. The roof had to be able to support the weight of the pending weather that was dumped on-top of it. In the Smokey Mountain Winter, that could mean several feet of snow. That’s a lot of weight, especially given the surface area it would take to cover a NASCAR stadium. Due to that, the Bristol Motor Speedway roof project was tossed.

Back
Top Bottom