Return of the XFL???

Discussion in 'Sports and Entertainment Center' started by DanicaFreak, Dec 19, 2017.

1. Blaze

Blaze Midnight Rider

I actually just like football. hell with this, NFL, College Football, and finding out my city is getting an arena football team I'm happy.

Simple Fan and Rick like this.
  2. kkfan91

kkfan91 Taking a 10-200

That's the kind of football some people want, complete with brain dead 30 year olds

3. kkfan91

kkfan91 Taking a 10-200

Until the defending champion Philadelphia Soul roll into town!

4. Blaze

Blaze Midnight Rider

This is a new arena league so won't be happening.

[​IMG]

The team we're getting in what's called American Arena League

5. kkfan91

kkfan91 Taking a 10-200

If its not the AFL its not real arena :p

Sweet logo though

6. Blaze

Blaze Midnight Rider

Football is football for me.

kkfan91 likes this.
  7. Blaze

Blaze Midnight Rider

Seen your edit now haha. Yeah I love that logo!

kkfan91 likes this.
  8. kkfan91

kkfan91 Taking a 10-200

Arena is actually my favorite kind of football, but I just love offense so that's why. Also because Philly has 3 titles in the last decade.

9. kkfan91

kkfan91 Taking a 10-200

10. Blaze

Blaze Midnight Rider

11. kkfan91

kkfan91 Taking a 10-200

Sounds like we are back, but have no idea what we plan to do

12. Blaze

Blaze Midnight Rider

I did't really take it that way. They got two years and I'm sure we'll get some teams within the next 6 months or so. If by this time next year they still don't know anything then they are screwed.

13. GenerationZRacingFan

GenerationZRacingFan Tire changer

Orlando is rumored in having a team.

14. Blaze

Blaze Midnight Rider

These rumors already starting??

I'm also sad that the true GOAT Johnny Manziel isn't going to be allowed in the XFL. :(

15. GenerationZRacingFan

Where the heck did you get that? There are reports he's the number one target for the XFL. Also, he just did a tweet with #XFL2020, so I'd think he would be part of it.

EDIT: Just got to the part where McMahon said players with criminal records weren't invited. Bye bye Greg Hardy.

Blaze and Mopardh9 like this.
  16. Mopardh9

Mopardh9 Team Owner Contributor

Just saw it on MSNBC, McMahon using $100 mil of his own money.

Blaze likes this.
  17. GenerationZRacingFan

Ok now that I'm reading about this why the crap did McMahon use XFL again? This is nothing like the old XFL except for the 8 team 10 game schedule.

18. Blaze

Blaze Midnight Rider

Yep, so that kind of sucks as I truly don't think he's the GOAT or anything but I think it be cool to see him in the XFL. Guess Tebow still has a chance.

Also, it looks like players will have to stand for the anthem if they want to play, which I got NO problem with, if it's part of the rules then it's part of the rules and you gotta play by them.

Mopardh9 likes this.
  19. Blaze

Blaze Midnight Rider

I can't recall what he said the reason was, but he said that they were talks about using other names but always came back to that and just decided to keep it. I'm fine with it. If we don't get a team here in Georgia I'll get a chance to pick a team to cheer for(as I always go for the local team, it's what I do.) and then might not have to worry about the curse of this damn state.

20. Mopardh9

He said he wants no political crap, same rules I wonder?

21. Blaze

Blaze Midnight Rider

I think he said some stuff will be different. He got like all these experts helping and really running it, he's basically going to take a backseat. Basically he's just the money for this league. Going to listen to what the fans want, and might not even have halftime.

22. Blaze

Blaze Midnight Rider

STAMFORD, CONN. – Professional football will be reimagined when the new XFL kicks off in early 2020, Vince McMahon announced in a live stream event today.

The XFL will deliver a fan-centric, innovative experience, including shorter, fast-paced games and a family-friendly environment, complemented by cross-platform viewing options and real-time fan engagement.

Plans for the XFL at launch include eight teams, 40-man active rosters and a 10-week regular-season schedule, with a postseason consisting of two semifinal playoff games and a championship game.

“The new XFL is an exciting opportunity to reimagine America’s favorite sport,” said McMahon. “As we move towards kickoff, we look forward to listening and implementing innovative ideas from players, coaches, medical experts, technology executives, the media and most importantly football fans.”

McMahon, a visionary and an accomplished business executive, is personally funding this venture through Alpha Entertainment, a new private entity. McMahon will continue as WWE Chairman & CEO.

Relive the full streamed announcement at XFL.com and YouTube (youtube.com/xflofficial). For the latest updates, follow the XFL on Facebook (facebook.com/xfl), Twitter (@xfl2020) and Instagram (@xfl), and be sure to join in on the conversation using #XFL2020

23. GenerationZRacingFan

So it's supposed to be quicker, simpler, family friendly, cheerleaders not promoted?

Yep it's very different.

Blaze likes this.
  24. dpkimmel2001

dpkimmel2001 Team Owner

This news is awesome!

Colin Kaepernick may get a new home. Heck, he could put on the the He Hate Me jersey. Maybe he could change it up a bit to Everyone Hates Me. Yeah, that would work.

Greg and Johali like this.
  25. GenerationZRacingFan

There's talk that you would have to stand for the anthem.

26. Blaze

Blaze Midnight Rider

27. Blaze

Blaze Midnight Rider

Well didn't he say he'd stand if he could play? Well now would be his chance to put up or shut up.

28. Blaze

Blaze Midnight Rider

29. Mr. Gregory

Mr. Gregory Randa "Quiet Storm" Markos

Blaze likes this.
  30. Blaze

Blaze Midnight Rider

Even after seeing it isn't exactly the same as before? Fair enough, didn't know if it would change your mind or not.

Mr. Gregory likes this.
  31. Mr. Gregory

Mr. Gregory Randa "Quiet Storm" Markos

Nah man, I'm good. I'm not a football fan anyway, but I don't understand why Vince is doing this. Mind you, I don't understand why Vince has done a lot of things. :lol2:

jws926 and Blaze like this.
  32. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner

The distinguishing characteristics are we don’t beat our girlfriends and we stand during a pregame ceremony when half of the crowd is still getting beer and nachos. I doubt the outrage will last another three years to feed off of that.

Could be some decent pro-am football though. If it’s half as decent as the CFL that may be a success.

33. Mopardh9

I'm actually intrigued about this, might be something to fill in the gap until baseball starts up.

Blaze likes this.
  34. Blaze

Blaze Midnight Rider

Going to be great for me, I don't follow many sports honestly, pretty much just football so if it gives me more football during a time the NFL isn't playing I'm on it.

Rick likes this.
  35. GenerationZRacingFan

Still have two wait two years instead of one though.

36. Blaze

Blaze Midnight Rider

Which is fine

37. jws926

jws926 Nissan Is Love, Nissan Is Life

Lets see if XFL v2 can last longer then the first time around.

38. GenerationZRacingFan

It will. If they play their first game two years from now they will have lasted 6 months longer by then already.

FLRacingFan and Blaze like this.
  39. jws926

jws926 Nissan Is Love, Nissan Is Life

I see what you did there :laugh:

GenerationZRacingFan and Blaze like this.
  40. Michfan

Michfan Team Owner

The WWE went PG and it sounds like the XFL is as well

FLRacingFan likes this.