Richard Peterson

be9ak7ts16

Johali Lives
My Mothers cousin. You folks have seen me paste this guy all over the place. He started racing in 1966 and collected 4 championships until his back gave out in 1972. We spent countless Friday nights at the track watching him race. If anyone it’s because of this guy I became a race fan. RIP Richard and thank you for giving me the gift of being a race fan.
His first car.
9813EB1D-EB47-48AC-8C72-9F6EF1998B5B.jpeg

Condolences on his passing. These are the first types of stock cars (and may I say real stock cars) I ever saw. As a boy I'd sit on my grandmother's porch late on Sunday afternoons and watch a parade of these being towed home after the races. I was enthralled and one summer an older cousin finally took me to my first stock car race.

The men like your mom's cousin, still the backbone of our sport. 🏁

Condolences on his passing. These are the first types of stock cars (and may I say real stock cars) I ever saw. As a boy I'd sit on my grandmother's porch late on Sunday afternoons and watch a parade of these being towed home after the races. I was enthralled and one summer an older cousin finally took me to my first stock car race.

The men like your mom's cousin, still the backbone of our sport. 🏁
What a fantastic tribute to a man you never knew. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom