Richmond Gander Truck Race

OldTimer

Team Owner
Did anyone else watch?

Interesting race. Have to wonder how a half our of practice might have changed the entire out come though. Multiple normally competitive teams were out to lunch with the splitters hitting the track.

I did...nobody rated it and their comments were mundane.
Probably could have posted this in the truck race thread that TRL posted. As a matter of fact I posted something about it in that thread and it was also noted by the execelent announcing crew that Fox sports had for the race. I thought they needed a competition caution, but it worked out anyway WITHOUT EXPENSIVE PRACTICES when the teams had a chance to adjust on the trucks.

Probably could have posted this in the truck race thread that TRL posted. As a matter of fact I posted something about it in that thread and it was also noted by the execelent announcing crew that Fox sports had for the race. I thought they needed a competition caution, but it worked out anyway WITHOUT EXPENSIVE PRACTICES when the teams had a chance to adjust on the trucks.
A competition caution would have been a godsend for four top tier trucks...probably would have been enough to changed the outcome of the race. At least in the top ten.

When there is that many vehicles lapped, not due to circumstances from racing each other, but from not allowing a tweak here or a nudge there it takes away from the value of the event. Granted, the set ups in the barn should equate to performance on the track, but this was just a tad too much.

Back
Top Bottom