Richmond RACE thread

He curled into a little ball and sucked his thumb when JGR took him out of the NW car. Tanked in cup.

So Big Daddy Gibbs took him out behind the wood-shed, gave him the whupping that he needed, but now he lost that Kyle Busch spark he needs in Cup.

Have you ever wondered if maybe the only reason he's been successful in the past is because of JGR equipment, but now his talent (and luck) is running out, or maybe everyone else is catching up and passing him in terms of talent, luck, and equipment?

So Big Daddy Gibbs took him out behind the wood-shed, gave him the whupping that he needed, but now he lost that Kyle Busch spark he needs in Cup.

Have you ever wondered if maybe the only reason he's been successful in the past is because of JGR equipment, but now his talent (and luck) is running out, or maybe everyone else is catching up and passing him in terms of talent, luck, and equipment?
No. JGR seems to be a bit behind, performance-wise this year.

True, then again I shouldn't talk. Aside from the 3 wins, Johnson hadn't really been himself this year either. :p

In 2014: Johnson has 3 wins, 8 Top 5s, 16 Top 10s.
In 2013: Johnson had 6 wins, 16 Top 5s, and 24 Top 10s.

5 out of 9 years Hamlin has one win season, 4 out of 10 years Busch has one win season. 1 out of 10 years Stewart had a one win season. I think it is the drivers.

Here's my theory on KB. For years he was in the habit of taking a whole lot more than he gives, especially in the lower series. He chops front ends all race long, moves people and generally has no respect for his competitors. He rode rough over many a 'lesser' cup competitor too. But he couldn't get away with that in the top cup drivers. JJ, Jeff, Tony, Harvick, Brad, Edwards, etc don't put up with that crap. It's taking him a long time to adjust his style, and mentality, to really focus on EARNING those positions when he doesn't have a dominant car. When he doesn't win, he gets frustrated and unravels.

He won Phoenix back in '05, I don't think he was in the Chase that year though.
Not to nitpick, but according to racing-reference, he actually won at Kansas in '04 during the Chase. He started from the pole and ended up winning the thing. Wow. Front Row Joe. The Busch brothers actually won both Phoenix races in '05. Joe didn't win any races that year.
http://racing-reference.info/driver/Joe_Nemechek
http://racing-reference.info/race/2004_Banquet_400_Presented_by_ConAgra_Foods/W

That was when he drove the '01 Army car - I liked that car. I remember when Harvick got into it with him at Charlotte during the All Star race in '05. Stewart got had gotten into the back of Joe coming off of 4, which sent Joe into Harvick and took out a bunch of cars. Harv was much wilder back then and was ticked off at Joe. In the interview, Joe was like "he was just being an idiot, just being Kevin." :XXROFL:

The wreck and Harv's and Stewart's interviews are in the first video, and Mikey has a pretty funny interview towards the end. Nemecheck's interview is in the second video.

Honestly, I wonder if Kyle Busch domination in Nationwide is costing him some much needed wins and top 5 & 10 finishes in Cup.

No.............................. if anything the lower tier wins help him keep some what of a decent attitude. The cup cars he has had this year are the worst that I can remember. Its a miracle that he got the one win he has this year in cup, Kenseth the worlds greatest driver hasnt even scratched out a win this year

5 out of 9 years Hamlin has one win season, 4 out of 10 years Busch has one win season. 1 out of 10 years Stewart had a one win season. I think it is the drivers.
My statement was primarily based on the fact that Matt had 7 wins last year and none this year.

My statement was based on a minimum 9 year period with three drivers who raced that long for Gibbs. A long average. Worse number of wins 2 since 2004, but the season isn't over yet. There isn't a Toyota driver in the field I would call hot right now. Carl might fire them up like Matt did last year before everybody gets pissed off at each other. :blush: IMO Kenseth is the only hope for the Toyota group this year.

Not to nitpick, but according to racing-reference, he actually won at Kansas in '04 during the Chase. He started from the pole and ended up winning the thing. Wow. Front Row Joe. The Busch brothers actually won both Phoenix races in '05. Joe didn't win any races that year.
http://racing-reference.info/driver/Joe_Nemechek
http://racing-reference.info/race/2004_Banquet_400_Presented_by_ConAgra_Foods/W
Oh, I was talking about Kyle. Those were good times for NASCAR though. I think Nemechek and Rudd finishing 1-2 for MB2 Motorsports and Wood Brothers Racing was the last time a couple of one-car teams swept the top two spots in a Cup race, since Valvoline basically owned Scott Riggs' #10 car.

Oh, I was talking about Kyle. Those were good times for NASCAR though. I think Nemechek and Rudd finishing 1-2 for MB2 Motorsports and Wood Brothers Racing was the last time a couple of one-car teams swept the top two spots in a Cup race, since Valvoline basically owned Scott Riggs' #10 car.
Ahh, I misinterpreted your post. My bad.

At least one good thing came out of it - I got to relive some entertaining stuff. I think I was honestly just shocked that Nemecheck had actually won a race as recently as '04 and got excited. LOL.

Back
Top Bottom