Richmond's Grip

P

pettyfan4life

If I can remember right earlier this year when nascar races at Richmond there was a bad and crappy surface. Will it mess up this weeks race? I hope not. What do you think?

I think some drivers tested for Goodyear out there (Tony and Rusty maybe?) but I'm not sure what the final verdict was.

HS would probably know. :satisfied

Richmond's always been hard to get around. I personally don't like the races there. But I watch because I don't want to miss anything. There isn't really 2 groves there. Never have been either.
I first when to Richmond in 1979. Been there many times.

I think it will be an interesting race, they are ready for it this time

Usually the high groove will work in as the race progresses. That did not happen here in the spring. Many drivers will comment that Richmond should be looked at as a model when designing newer tracks.

Tony Stewart was the only tester since the spring race I could find a direct comment on regarding the test and what he expects.

Tony's quote:

"We really didn't come to any earth-shattering revelations. We're probably going to end up with the same tire we had there back in the spring. I think part of the problem back in the spring was the amount of sealer they put down, but since then the sealer has had a chance to age. There have been some other races on the track since we were there, and I'm sure the track will have changed somewhat for the better. I think you'll see two-wide racing for sure this time around."

There always seems to be quite a difference from the spring to the late summer race at Richmond. That is one of the tracks that I have always yearned to attend live. The Winton and the 600 are the only night races I have attended. I would love to see Richmond and Bristol someday. My favorite that I have attended is Rockingham in terms of quality racing action from flag to flag!

Kel

Richmond Will sure be fun, as is just about any Night race. I wish Nascar would get some more of them. But I think that the cooler track will help with the traction.

Back
Top Bottom