Rick Mast Retires

N

Nascar24rainbow

Rick Mast is retiring from auto racing after suffering from acute and chronic exposure to carbon monoxide poisoning. He raced in 9 Cup races last year before he stoped driving because of his illness.

It's for the best,Is last glory was driving for real tree.;) Another old timer for sure.:)

Sorry to hear he had to go out on that note, i always thought he was a pretty good racer.

Yeah i read that today, i think he will be workin with Nascar in some form .

Had to come to an end sometime. Its too bad that he has to retire because of an injury.

That poor guy didn't have much of a choice. I hope he's feeling better though.

I read some where that he may work with nascar to help prevent this kind of illness in the future.
Good Luck Rick

Some of you younger guys might not rememeber this but Richard Petty used to drive with mask, similar to what jet pilots wear. It was funny looking at him when he was driving. Made him look like he was heading out for a bombing run. :) Before that, he would always have a towel in him mouth. I don't think that had anything to do with the carbon monoxide though.

Sorry to hear this. I respected Rick. The article in Nascar.com indicates that it was not only racing that caused the problem.

We should ALL get CO detectors for our homes too.

Best to you Rick!

Back
Top Bottom