Ricky Craven Done With NASCAR After 2020

There is one thing that NASCAR racing and NHRA drag racing have in common and that is they both go from a Southern Ca race to a Phoenix race which is less then 400 miles apart and I know a lot of the NHRA drivers take the little bit of time between the two races to have a mini family vacation in sunny Southern Ca instead of flying all the way back home. Some of the drivers in NHRA still do it even though now there is a full week off in between the two races. So I don't find it a bit suspicious for a driver to go grocery shopping after the race in California. Now if it would have happened after the Phoenix race then they I may have been a little more suspicious of their activities because by then they are probably excited to jump on their jet and head back home. :)

Good read -- but piling on Kyle Larson by way of unsolicited opinion from a Driver peer, seems a bit much.

If Kyle dove into a Florida alligator pond and saved Martin Trues Jr's cat, he'd be covered differently. The Craven Kid story wouldn't be offered, and if it were it would be considered petty -- like a "Clown didn't make my kid happy" Circus tale...
Where is my "Don't Like" button... Well I will say I read he was disappointed with Mr. Larson a good while before the incident of name calling, and me too I had seen a dismissive attitude, but comparing those little warts to the big warts of the other Kyle Busch. I do like Kyle Larson and thought the reaction extreme, but it isn't as rough and tumble as it was. Knitting needles are standard equipment, so Craven's comments are inline with FOX and NASCAR, yet still his own.

Move to your Commie country, we won't miss you

That's an odd comment. Some introspection on your part may be in order. We can't even do the basics like get people tested or send people emergency money while other countries are doing these things with ease. Our friends up north in Canada are just shaking their head at our inability to do basics while they have advanced systems in place to handle all this stuff.

^ but even here in Canada, if there is no money in it for the politician, nothing gets done.

I'm just looking at the results. No system is perfect, but Canada is going a lot better.

1. The USA has a 2 mile long line at Food banks in a major city because we can't provide enough to feed our people.
  2. Our Federal government told the state governments to get their own medical supplies, and then confiscated those same supplies.
  3. A State government had to have a local sports team fly out their private jet to China to get medical supplies because our supply chains are a disaster.
  4. That same state had to keep it secret because they were afraid the federal government would take the supplies.
  5. Laid of workers so overwhelmed the social safety net systems that people literally had to spend 6 hours a day calling the same number over and over for weeks.
  6. The Federal Government literally dissolved the Pandemic response team prior to this mess because "they were not doing anything."
  7. The Federal Government botched the testing process so badly that we are months behind other democracies when it comes to testing.
  8. Just this week, the Federal government provided state governors guideline to reopen and then pressured the state governs to ignore those guidelines.
Does this sound like "the Greatest Country and Greatest Democracy in the world?" No, it's the response you would expect from a third world African nation.

It might make you happier if you MOVE to one of those african nations! People from all over the world are walking for years TO GET HERE AND YOU AREN'T HAPPY WITH WHAT WE HAVE!
BETSY

No country is perfect but I think our government is doing the best they can to help everyone. My family received a $2900 stimulus check and thanks to the extra $600 per week I am making more money from unemployment than I was when I was working. Things will go back to normal soon.

Reactions: Pat
It might make you happier if you MOVE to one of those african nations! People from all over the world are walking for years TO GET HERE AND YOU AREN'T HAPPY WITH WHAT WE HAVE!
BETSY

That doesn't make any sense. Just because we are not the worst doesn't make us the best. What we are is mediocre.

Look what Ricky has started! Actually have to give kudos to the mods for letting us all vent and hash out our opinions. Regardless if they are related to the thread subject.

No country is perfect but I think our government is doing the best they can to help everyone. My family received a $2900 stimulus check and thanks to the extra $600 per week I am making more money from unemployment than I was when I was working. Things will go back to normal soon.

It's great that you got your stimulus!

It's great that you got your stimulus!
Thanks. It definitely helps a lot. My mother in law is undergoing cancer treatment right now so we have a lot of bills. I have direct deposit set up so I received it last week. I know a lot of people with no direct deposit who are still waiting for their checks to come in the mail.

Look what Ricky has started! Actually have to give kudos to the mods for letting us all vent and hash out our opinions. Regardless if they are related to the thread subject.
But the "NASCAR and Coronavirus" thread disappeared which really bums me out, they were laying haymakers on each other in there. That thread was kind of my daily entertainment

But the "NASCAR and Coronavirus" thread disappeared which really bums me out, they were laying haymakers on each other in there. That thread was kind of my daily entertainment
It's down in the basement, but nothing's happened because we have our own virus thread down there.

no explanation either. Pure class. ;) :laugh:
The Mods didnt even have the decency to tell anyone why it was deleted?! I stepped away for a day and a half an it was just gone.
They got tired of death rates for seasonal flu and car crashes because as we're all aware, those things always require refrigerated 40' trailers stacked up out behind hospitals.

They got tired of death rates for seasonal flu and car crashes because as we're all aware, those things always require refrigerated 40' trailers stacked up out behind hospitals.
My personal opinion is I agree with you folks who say this more than just the flu, it might be for those who have the good genetics, health, age and overall luck to fight it off. But for those unfortunate, there's a reason they have those refrigerated trailers behind the hospitals. Just a horrendous deal for all those involved, I wish this country could at least agree on that.

The Mods didnt even have the decency to tell anyone why it was deleted?! I stepped away for a day and a half an it was just gone.

The thread was moved to the Podium after I decided to follow up on the earlier hawking of the hydroxychloroquine miracle drug with the more recent studies and trials that are finding it to be more dangerous and deadly than regular care. It was bound to get contentious from there, but they should have just deleted or moved those posts if they were a problem. Having no thread to discuss the impact of the virus on NASCAR and related issues is bizarre.

The thread was moved to the Podium after I decided to follow up on the earlier hawking of the hydroxychloroquine miracle drug with the more recent studies and trials that are finding it to be more dangerous and deadly than regular care. It was bound to get contentious from there, but they should have just deleted or moved those posts if they were a problem. Having no thread to discuss the impact of the virus on NASCAR and related issues is bizarre.
I don’t think I’ve ever been to the Podium section of these parts

1587862899825.png

Neither have I, and from the little I've seen up here lately, I have no desire. Arguing on the internet with strangers has got to be one of the most pointless and fruitless wastes of time on the planet. No one ever gives an inch, no one ever changes there views, no one ever wins. What the hell is the point?

Neither have I, and from the little I've seen up here lately, I have no desire. Arguing on the internet with strangers has got to be one of the most pointless and fruitless wastes of time on the planet. No one ever gives an inch, no one ever changes there views, no one ever wins. What the hell is the point?
I agree in that I am not on here to change people's thinking on a subject or what they believe in. I can only state my opinion and how I feel about something, if it causes them to reassess their thought process on a topic they believe strongly in or take a step back then thats very cool to me. I never have nor ever wanted to change someone's thinking, just give them a different viewpoint if you will.

:idunno:
Definition of forum
: a public meeting place for open discussion ex: The club provides a forum for people interested in local history.
c : a medium (such as a newspaper or online service) of open discussion or expression of ideas

Back
Top Bottom