Ricky Stenhouse Jr. Appreciation Thread

Almirola has never been one of my favorites lol. That is a Revman made up story and you believed it lol. He is full of shiat like a Christmas turkey if you haven't figured that out yet.

Almirola has never been one of my favorites lol. That is a Revman made up story and you believed it lol. He is full of shiat like a Christmas turkey if you haven't figured that out yet.
I swear I use to see you talking positive about him, but I don’t care enough to look it up tbh. But hey look, Rev might be full of ****, but he at least admits to having a bias opinion. More than I can say for a lot of people here.

I swear I use to see you talking positive about him, but I don’t care enough to look it up tbh. But hey look, Rev might be full of ****, but he at least admits to having a bias opinion. More than I can say for a lot of people here.
You are making up shiat just like he does Bud. Almirola was terrible at SHR.

You are making up shiat just like he does Bud. Almirola was terrible at SHR.
I don’t think it’s making it up, if it’s what I remember. If it’s not true, then it’s me remembering it wrong. It would be me making it up if I knew it wasn’t true. There is a difference.

NASCAR typically does not fine drivers for a punch in the heat of the moment. But the fact that Stenhouse had 80-90 minutes between the time his car was knocked out of the race and when he saw Busch, it fined him $75,000.
That is consistent with a $25,000 fine given to truck series driver Matt Crafton for punching Nick Sanchez in the garage after a truck race last year, as Cup purse money is much larger than that for the trucks.

Stenhouse’s dad grabbed Busch and as a family member of a driver, was suspended indefinitely. Myrick was suspended eight races for putting his hands on Busch and a NASCAR security official. Matthews was suspended four races for putting his hands on Busch.

"When crew members get involved and family members get involved, we’re going to react," NASCAR Senior Vice President Elton Sawyer said. "That’s exactly what we did."

Since Kyle wanted to fight too, they need to save it for Texas (or maybe it's Vegas) where it's legal to fight until one man is on the ground. I've seen video where once both men agree to fight the police stand back and let them go until someone is on their butt. If Nascar let that happen a couple of times with no one to break it up they would stop doing it.

But Kyle gets nothing for running Stenhouse into the wall and ruining his race?

It’s call defending yourself.

People are entitled to not like Kyle but if people expect him to just take punches from Stenhouse, his father and his crew, they’re smoking that powerful stuff.

Busch was obviously the victim here.

Play stupid games, win good prizes.

Admittedly I had to look it up, but here it is:

Mutual combat, or street fighting, is legal in Washington and Texas. In Washington, the fight must take place in a public place, both parties must agree to the fight, and the altercation cannot result in serious bodily injury. In Texas, mutual combat is only legal if it occurs in a public place and does not result in serious bodily injury.
I saw a video where two guys wanted to fight and the police just let them go at it, but they broke it up at the first knockdown. If these guys are serious, save t for when they go back to Texas, call the police to officiate and knock each other silly.

That, or for more structure, they could do it in Vegas...........

........if people expect him to just take punches...........they’re smoking that powerful stuff.
Powerful stuff can have peaceful benefits too.

When I was racing karts, I kept getting it to it with one guy, and it did actually end up with us pushing and shoving. The local representative of the IKF was actually the one who broke up us. He took us inside and told us we were both banned from every track in the district until we went out, had a drink (we had both just turned 18 so that didn't take much encouragement) and put it behind us forever. I said "fine, we'll do it right now, but we're taking my car."

I had a big fat blunt in the ash tray, so we consumed that on the way to Diamond Dolls. We got toasted and drunk and bought each other lap dances until they threw us out in the street, stoned, drunk and broke. After that we raced each other with trust and respect. We did actually crash at the next race because it was just one of those things, and no one could believe how we just hugged it out and laughed it off.

I think the hardest thing to do is put a grudge with another man behind you, especially after punches are thrown. You're already angry and in no mood to give an inch, so it's humiliating. Now you both have to wear it, and that actually creates a bond, a weird one, but still a bond.

Another time a new guy came from out of town and it was just down to us two for the win. I don't even remember which one of us won, but we bashed wheels a few times and it got really hairy. That day I think we both went to the absolute limit of what was fair. It might have been fair, but it was sure hard. We're at the weigh in scales having a laugh over it, but our friends wee fighting! That guy eventually became my best friend.

It’s call defending yourself.

People are entitled to not like Kyle but if people expect him to just take punches from Stenhouse, his father and his crew, they’re smoking that powerful stuff.

Busch was obviously the victim here.

Play stupid games, win good prizes.
What’s that got to do with what was said? Doc was talking about when Kyle wrecked Ricky, has nothing to do with Kyle defending himself

Doc was talking about when Kyle wrecked Ricky, has nothing to do with Kyle defending himself
I mean, if you wreck a guy on purpose they should at least do something to you, right?

I Also don't criticize Bush for "defending" himself. I've had to do it once or twice myself, but here's a hint: No matter how bad you mess the other guy up you are still going to skin your own knuckles or otherwise hurt your hands. Everyone is a bad ass until they break their hand. It's always better to walk away.

I tried watching the show when it first came on, and I was like “these people are ****** idiots.” And never watched it again
Occasionally when I come across it on YouTube I watch a few minutes to remind myself there are people who are dumber than me.

I mean, if you wreck a guy on purpose they should at least do something to you, right?

I Also don't criticize Bush for "defending" himself. I've had to do it once or twice myself, but here's a hint: No matter how bad you mess the other guy up you are still going to skin your own knuckles or otherwise hurt your hands. Everyone is a bad ass until they break their hand. It's always better to walk away.
Oh 100%. I was agreeing with you. Was just telling Reck that you wasn’t talking about Kyle fighting back, but when Kyle sent Ricky into the wall. He seemed to be confused and thought you meant the post race stuff.

Oh 100%. I was agreeing with you. Was just telling Reck that you wasn’t talking about Kyle fighting back, but when Kyle sent Ricky into the wall. He seemed to be confused and thought you meant the post race stuff.
First, thanks. For clearing that up. A man is always within his rights to defend himself.

I took a few years of Judo when I was a teenager. I ran into our sensi at a high school football game and a few guys came up and started giving him a bad time, presumably because he was Korean. After a brief staredown he simply turned and walked away. I asked him why he didn't kick his ass, and he says "because I didn't have to."

OK, my final take on this is that the real victim here was Stenhouse's owner who got a wadded up car out of it. Ricky didn't connect and Kyle looked like he experetly rolled it off......almost like they practiced it!

Nobody got hurt, so let's hope those two smoke a fat one and laugh this off.

What happened when 2 drivers Chastain and Gragson fought without all of the B.S. that Stenhouse pulled? Nothing. The black guy in the green shirt is security and he had Stenhouse covered and it was done. But hell no, Stenhouse's gang went after Kyle after the fact.
Holy ****! Same song when KB went after Joey! So awesome! Just plug the names in man. Great laugh!

I mean it’s obvious yea, I even called it long before Kyle even had a chance to leave lol, and @Revman can back me up because I asked him about the possibility of Kyle leaving many times before he was even rumored to. But it’s much like it’s obvious why you like him now, and don’t like Aric Almirola when he use to be one of your favorites.
Fact.

I don’t think it’s making it up, if it’s what I remember. If it’s not true, then it’s me remembering it wrong. It would be me making it up if I knew it wasn’t true. There is a difference.
See our boy @StandOnIt roots for anyone racing against a Toyota. That is a lot of favorite drivers to keep track of.....let's give him grace. I truly respect his dislike. OEM indifference is my trigger.

See our boy @StandOnIt roots for anyone racing against a Toyota. That is a lot of favorite drivers to keep track of.....let's give him grace. I truly respect his dislike. OEM indifference is my trigger.
Yeah like how many years have we been doing this and he didn't act like he had a clue? Lol. But you spelled it out and THAT made the difference for the guy. Good luck with your boy Almirola he looks great in a Yota.

I still don’t see it as making **** up. But it is what it is. If you never liked him, my mistake. Honestly not even in the right frame of mind to care enough to do any research

I’ll be real with you. The times I asked, I never in a million years thought it actually would happen unless it was JGR changing to Chevy or Ford, never once did I see Kyle leaving JGR, and going to another team, unless it was like KBM coming to Cup or something lmao. Like I’ve said a lot, I honestly don’t get it, I always have cheered for drivers no matter what they drive. Jeff Burton was my favorite growing up, but I liked Chevy guys also. But I respect your dedication to the sport and whatever has you as a fan. I don’t drink, but I smoke a joint while you down a cold beer any day of the week.

Same with @StandOnIt

While I have not read the whole thread, I have not seen it discussed how the wreck itself unfolded. As far as I can tell, (and Harvick says the same thing), Ricky never touched Kyle. He may have run him into the grey, but he didn't touch him. Unless there is some sort of unwritten rule about running someone into the grey, Kyle really had nothing to be upset about.

Now, here is the disconnect: It's very clear Kyle wrecked Ricky on purpose, and yet no penalty, no warning, no nothing. So is the precedent now that you can lose your mind and wreck someone for no reason, and that's ok? I think fines for both would have been more appropriate than turning the victim into the bad guy. No, you can't have them fighting, but you also can't have them wrecking each other on purpose either.

Stenhouse now has a blank check to left rear hook Kyle into the wall any time he pleases. Why not? It was ok for Kyle to do it.

Nah. Wrecky trying to win the race on the second lap before the tires were even warm is typical Stenhouse.
Doing something stupid and screwing it up is far different than dumping someone on purpose. The guys have to be able to make mistakes but taking aim on someone is not the same thing.

I get it. It's fun. It's entertaining. It gives a reason to tune in next week, but one day it could also go so horribly wrong that we could regret ever letting this kind of thing slide.

You know, Ricky wanted to fight. Kyle pretended he wanted to fight, so why not give them what they want? Set up a boxing match for charity and have Jake Paul be the referee. Who doesn't want to see both of these guys get punched in the face?

As always, you can't fake entertainment.

Harvick would only throw a punch if his crew was around to protect him. I still remember him getting bitched out by Montoya. He wasn't so tough without protection.
100%. I’ve said this forever. He’s a badass when there is someone there to “hold him back”. His last 2 bitch moves were Bristol approaching Chase with his helmet on then proclaiming he felt like ripping off someone’s head. Then at the Roval he wrecked Chase then wrecked himself over driving the car trying to run from him. Epic ending to his career.

I wish this was two years ago, SOI would’ve loved seeing Kyle get knocked on his ass, and would’ve said he deserved it, and my man Rev would’ve been calling Ricky a bully.
The hypocrisy is incredible. I hated Harvick driving for that bitch RC and it didn’t get any better when he was driving Fords. He was still a wannabe bully. But it comes with fandom I guess. I didn’t like Ernie in the 4 but it changed when he drove the 28. He definitely matured by then.

You know, Ricky wanted to fight. Kyle pretended he wanted to fight, so why not give them what they want? Set up a boxing match for charity and have Jake Paul be the referee. Who doesn't want to see both of these guys get punched in the face?

As always, you can't fake entertainment.
Put it on the undercard of Jake Paul vs Mike Tyson!

Back
Top Bottom