From doing a little research on this, it looks like a blown transformer is considered a common problem for this speaker system. Which is a bit odd, since usually other power supply parts (bridge rectifier, electrolytic capacitors) will go bad first in most equipment.
If you can get to it, you can test the transformer by connecting a digital volt meter to its output and looking for about 14.6 Vac. That's what I'm finding is the rated output of this transformer. I'd cut at least one of the wires that connect the transformer output to the input of the rest of the power supply before doing the test, in case the real problem is a short circuit in that rest of the power supply. Or you can try to disconnect the output of the whole power supply from the circuitry it powers, and use your meter to test for around 12 Vdc output from the power supply. That would tell you if the power supply is kaput, or if the problem is deeper in the amplifier or other circuitry.
I saw that several people have successfully operated these speakers on 12 Vdc (which is about the final output of the whole power supply). So if you can scrounge up a 12 Vdc power supply rated for about 6 amps you should be able to cut the wires off the old power supply and splice the new one in to power it back up.
I might play with it. Have other irons burning to tend to right now.
Server also (finally) died. It's been giving me issues for a while, so I'm not surprised. Luckily I took the hints and starting putting together my new setup, so now i'm just transferring files from drive to drive.
My computer speakers, multiple server power supplies, and my subwoofer amp all died within days of eachother. Everything except the sub was on UPS. Everything is about the same age. Not sure if coincidence or not.
So I advised the above and modified the X-530 for external transformer. Very easy.
The server was already getting replaced by NAS, so that's already done and dealt with.
My subwoofer...different story.
I pulled the amp out of the cabinet tonight. I only see one cap that is bulged out, and it's a small 470uF one at that.
I unplugged the feedline, and my multimeter is showing 6.0 to 6.2 ohms Re. Which provides some bafflement...because it's definitely without question wired in parallel.
I unplugged one voice coil, and the output did not change. Further prodding is showing 6 ohms on one coil and infinite ohms on the other. Which sucks.
An old white paper I found on the DIY forum titled "Adire Shivas: Anyone remember version differences?" Shows the following for the Shiva mk3:
This makes sense for mine being dual 8's, which would be 5.8 ohms Re per coil.
Long story short, my Cerwin Vega CVT-300S from 15 years ago has a bad power side, ad it has a constant hum that I can't seem to kill.
Along the way of diagnosis, I found that one of the 2 voice coils in my likewise 15 year old Adire Audio Shiva has an open in it.
My enclosure is very large and tuned subsonic, almost behaves like an IB.
I have been talking to the new owners of Adire, and I'm all but ready to turn the key on a 15" tumult. They can't recone the old shivas for whatever reason and I can't fault them for that.
I feel kind of crazy for going to a Tumult, but I built the enclosure to be a BAMF. With both components having failed...I might as well build the BAMF I designed it to be. They are offering me $100 off on the tumult for pre-sale, so that kind of makes my mind up too. But I also have a hard time justifying it. It will end up being a $900ish investment. But it will shake the house.
Going from a 300 watt 12 inch sub to a 500 watt 15" sub will be quite the change though.