Road Courses

D

Digital Man

I've heard rumors the last week or so about the IRL finally moving to a road course or two in '04.

Does anyone know where this originated?

Since CART may dump Mid-Ohio after '03, it would be great if IRL could fill the bill.

-DMan

Right from the top 2 guys in the IRL, Tony George and Brian Barnhart! They said that in 04 or 05 there more than likely be a road corse or two! ( i think it depends on what happens with CARt as to exactly what they will be doing and when!)

IRL doesn't need a road course. They run ovals because CART runs road courses as does F1. Irl's appeal is that they run side by side in open wheel cars at amazing speeds. That is what people what IRL for. I really don't care to see IRL hit the streets.

Originally posted by BebiF1@Aug 4 2003, 06:11 PM
IRL doesn't need a road course. They run ovals because CART runs road courses as does F1. Irl's appeal is that they run side by side in open wheel cars at amazing speeds. That is what people what IRL for. I really don't care to see IRL hit the streets.
The problem is CART is likely to die in the next couple of years and than their will be no way to watch Indy cars road race unless you like getting up at 6 AM in the morning to watch F1. I don't think the IRL should add that many, maybe one or too. It would also be a great way to interest the CART fans in moving over to IRL when CART dies.

I think there max was 5 by 2005! I can handel 5 road races as long as they keep the 17 ovals they have now. They maybe could add 2 more oval races to make it a 25 race schedual by then.

(Might already have one more oval added for next year, sounds like the Milwalki(sp?) Mile will be added right after Indy taking CARTS date!)

Back
Top Bottom