Robert Yates-Dale Earnhardt

Richard Childress’ silence on the topic is pretty telling IMO. Dale probably used it to work RC or show him who the man is at RCR but doesn’t mean he didn’t show interest to RY.

Ernie Irvan’s tenure was a shame. I think he could have kept the 3 and the 24 from a title or 2. He was coming into his own when he was injured. Never got to that level again.

I could have seen Earnhardt leaving. Gordon was quickly becoming the main Chevy guy.

I could have seen Earnhardt leaving. Gordon was quickly becoming the main Chevy guy.
Yea Earnhardt in a Yates powered Ford is very intriguing to me especially as HMS equipment and Jeff were passing by the RCR equipment. Yates hung with Jeff during the majority of his run in the 90's, I think Ricky Rudd and DJ gave Jeff all he could handle for a bit during JG's championship drive 01.

Yea Earnhardt in a Yates powered Ford is very intriguing to me especially as HMS equipment and Jeff were passing by the RCR equipment. Yates hung with Jeff during the majority of his run in the 90's, I think Ricky Rudd and DJ gave Jeff all he could handle for a bit during JG's championship drive 01.
Ernie was going to be a FORCE in that 28 car had he not been injured.

I can remember Dale Jarrett being so good in the 88, at both Speedways and Superspeedways alike with the Yates power. Imagine Dale Earnhardt at Daytona with that.

Back
Top Bottom