Rolex 24 at Daytona

I'll watch as much as I can for sure. I love the 24 and the way the teams put their extended driver lineups together. I like how Ganassi brings in his drivers from NASCAR and IndyCar to join his regulars. This year he has Scott Dixon, Charlie Kimball, and JPM with Rojas and Pruett, the defending Grand Am champs. Franchitti and McMurray are in the other car with, which Pruett and Dixon are also listed in.

Starworks is another interesting one. They have Sebastien Bourdais and Allan McNish with Dalziel and Popow in the #2.

I'll be pulling for Michael Shank's team though. All of last year's 24 winning team is back, Negri, Pew, Wilson, and Allmendinger, with Marcos Ambrose added. I'd also love for Shank to get any IndyCar entry together, but that's neither here nor there.

Anyone gonna watch this year? I usually watch the first bit and then come back for the finish.
I do the same. I also check during my normal channel surfing. One year I stayed up most of the night but I finally crashed and missed the end. Sometimes funny things are said at 3AM.

I watch even though Grand Am is heavily favored towards Ganassi. In typical Grand Am fashion, Fords were given a 300 RPM reduction, Chevrolets were given a smaller air restriction and BMW was given more RPM's. BMW took the top 3 spots in qualifying today.....shocked face applied.

In European sports car racing they gave the winning car more weight until they started to loose. That was back when the Orca Dodge Vipers were dominating - it took a lot of weight to slow the Vipers down. I don't know if they still do that, I don't follow that series anymore.

Ganassi switched from Lexus to BMW and didn't miss a beat. When one team dominates it tends to hurt the series.

I like it I just wish they ran it on a real road course. I will watch what I can, I am working 12 hours each on Saturday and Sunday.

Watching the highlights of last year's race and I forgot what a great run AJ Allemdinger had on his last stint for the win.

Corvette DPs into 2nd and 3rd. Angelelli in the Wayne Taylor car 2nd, and Barbosa in the Action Express car 3rd.

I haven't really been following. What were they saying about the Fords having 300 RPMs less?

They took 300 RPM's from Ford, gave Chevrolet a 100 but reduced the size of the air restrictor, and gave BMW more RPM's. Basically they insured a all BMW show in the DP class, proof of that is the 22.5 hours they've been on track and qualifying.

They took 300 RPM's from Ford, gave Chevrolet a 100 but reduced the size of the air restrictor, and gave BMW more RPM's. Basically they insured a all BMW show in the DP class, proof of that is the 22.5 hours they've been on track and qualifying.
Thanks. Apparently they didn't want Ford to kick everyone's ass...again

Congrats to Ganassi for a mostly dominating performance. Three cars on the lead lap is pretty good after a couple thousand miles.

Didn't see too much complaining about handicaps from Bobby when NASCAR restricted the Toyotas a few years back because Roush wasn't winning in Nationwide.

When you handicap the fastest cars it allows less competitive cars to win.
This ain't racing.

It's a shame when especially when it wasn't needed. BMW won the championship (thanks largely to Montoyo camel jockeying Dalziel at Indy in a part time second car for Ganassi) Shame they ruined such a classic event like the 24 with politics and favoritism.

Back
Top Bottom