Rose Bowl

buckaroo

Here kitty, kitty, kitty
No doubt that USC is one of the best teams in the nation, and it very well could the be the best, but one thing we know after watching this game is that Brent Musberger sure believes that they are. Brent always seems to be overwhelmed by one of the teams he sees play and it changes from game to game. But I don't think that I've ever seen him so overwhelmed by a team as he was tonight.

First off, when Texas beat Oklahoma, Brent was very much impressed with UT, and for good reason. They beat the #1 team in the nation at that time. Then when Texas Tech played and beat UT, Brent was again overwhelmed by another team. But wait, it got better when OU came back and put a whoopin' on UT. I guess it had to be the last game that he announced that he would say who the best team in the nation is. 38 to 24 was such a rout, but I guess he forgot the 65 to 21 score that he announced earlier. I don't think that Brent really has an idea of who is tops, just that he wants to embelish on his announcing. Herbstreet was a bit more realisitic in his announcing except when he talked near the end when he referrenced talk radio saying that many fans have said that the Big12 was a so-so conference with lousy defense and average offense. Maybe Kirk was referring to the "experts" at ESPN but having listened to ESPN Radio each day, I've never heard a caller talk of the average offense of the Big 12, but I have heard them say that the Pac 10 teams have average offense with the exception of USC.

Oh how I love it that college football is rated by voters rather than actual play. :cool:

Hey Buck did you catch the beginning of the Orange Bowl?

Your favorite trumpet player, Arturo played the national anthem.

He is awesome.

Back
Top Bottom