Roty

S

smack500

SOmeone please explain to me how JJ has 2 wins second in points and has 3 poles yet ryan newman is supose to be right behind him yet hes 12th in points and has no wins

Rank +/- Driver Points Behind Starts Wins Top 5 Top 10 Winnings
2 +1 Jimmie Johnson* 2773 -93 21 2 5 13 $1,921,600
12 -- Ryan Newman* 2508 -358 21 0 9 12 $2,902,130

Last week at the race I herd someone say something about ryan could beat him for roty in the next few races hes very close but those stats dont look like hes very close to me...

The ROTY points system has nothing, or very little, in common with the WC points system. Points are awarded on an entirely different scale, bonus points are awarded several times during the season, and only the best 18 races of the season count for each driver.

For a complete explanation and detailed analysis of where the ROTY standings are right now, follow the link.

Link

oh well.....Jr won 2 points races and the Winston compared to Kenseth's 1 race. and Kenseth won ROTY in 2000.

just the way it works

Its funny that Jeff Gordon is the on the panal for the Rookie of the Year at the end of the year. I wonder who he is going to score better. Maybe Jimmie Johnson.

What about shawna? She is currently in third for ROTY.

That's the way the rookie point system has always worked. They are looking for the rookies best finishes, i guess to benefit rookies that might not be able to afford to run the whole season to still have a chance to win rookie of the year. Nowadays rookies are in much better equipment and it seems that the current rookie point system might be a little archaic.

Not like Nascar Is gonna do anything about it...Ryan has Blown up a ton this year and had lots of problems while Jimmie is up front nearly every week.

if ryan wins roty the way things are going now its gonna be another disapointment for me in the sport of nascar

smack, thats one thing your gonna have to get used to...Nascar has disapointed me a lot...thats why i hate the company Nascar and how they run things, but i love the teams.

Back
Top Bottom