Ruh Roh Raggy

Financial submissions and auditors.
Yeah, apparently FIA audits all teams' book AFTER the season, and it sounds like they don't finish until after the next season is already underway. I'm not sure how practical that would be with more than 10 teams. Can a team get away with skimping on one car to overspend on the other?

The cost caps remind me of the corporate JIT (just in time) days or meetings were everbody preached limited inventories.
Yeah, JIT sounds good until something disrupts the supply chain, like weather or a strike or a supplier problem or a logjam at the dock or problems with Suez / Panama Canals or any number of other things.

Yeah, apparently FIA audits all teams' book AFTER the season, and it sounds like they don't finish until after the next season is already underway. I'm not sure how practical that would be with more than 10 teams. Can a team get away with skimping on one car to overspend on the other?

Don't see that happening, mostly because it won't work, (how would they punish those that overspend?) it's terribly expensive to police, and the teams aren't going to go for it anyhow. They are trying to figure out how much of the pie the teams are going to get with the new TV deal is what's happening. IMO.

Yeah, JIT sounds good until something disrupts the supply chain, like weather or a strike or a supplier problem or a logjam at the dock or problems with Suez / Panama Canals or any number of other things.
I have seen lines go down over the simplist things like no labels, and changeover startups delayed due to being out of markers or staple guns, all at Fortune 500 compainies.
(I will stop with the off topic JIT).

Such is the nature of audit…but also, Cup team submissions would be less material and involved than that of F1 teams.

It would be bad optics with everybody losing their minds, but why not just send some generic Chevys, Fords, and Toyotas to the track? They could be randomly assigned to all the drivers/teams and skinned. They could also bring a few backup cars as well.

Teams could then put on their preferred shocks, springs, etc., and perform their chassis set-ups within the allowed rules and specs. Sometimes it seems like that's where we will eventually land anyway.

Steve Phelps said teams are still losing money, which is a part of why they’re looking at possibly implementing a budget cap. Not saying it’s the guaranteed path they’re going to take, but it’s part of their evaluation.
The question I would ask is do they teams really want to "make" money?
I am not sure Penske and Hendrick are in this racing business to make money.

Your article is over year old and they were talking about the up coming TV deal revenue that now has already happened and will go in effect in 25. They have suspended talks for now so it doesn't appear that the teams are in dire straights. Keselowski said he isn't worried, they will get it figured out.

I think the charter deal will get worked out sooner than later. Each side needs each other

The question I would ask is do they teams really want to "make" money?
I am not sure Penske and Hendrick are in this racing business to make money.
There are 15 RTA members and many of them don’t have the luxury of billionaire ownership. For most of them, the more they can be self-sufficient without being at the whims of corporate sponsors, the better.

Cup team submissions would be less material and involved than that of F1 teams.
Yeah, but there'd be twice as many to audit, assuming they did it by car and not team. How would NASCAR handle part-time teams, something that doesn't exist in F1? I can see a couple of ways to game the system with part-time rides.

Yeah, but there'd be twice as many to audit, assuming they did it by car and not team. How would NASCAR handle part-time teams, something that doesn't exist in F1? I can see a couple of ways to game the system with part-time rides.
It's not going to happen. It's a threat. Who in their right minds as a team would say uh yeah, we would love to be audited?

Assuming they do it the same way, it would be organizational, not per-entry.

Whatever the next charter deal entails, it’ll probably involve more transparency from the teams’ side. As it is now, the RTA has certain rights to examine NASCAR’s books. I don’t think it would be too outrageous if NASCAR wanted some of the same ability were they to give the teams a significantly bigger slice of the pie.

There are 15 RTA members and many of them don’t have the luxury of billionaire ownership. For most of them, the more they can be self-sufficient without being at the whims of corporate sponsors, the better.
That is true. I was curious so I did a little Google research. So take what I post with that understanding.
10 teams (24 charters) have owner net worth of over $100 million.
Surprisingly that does not include Joe Gibbs Racing with 4 more charters.
A couple owners net worth did not come up when Google searching.
So perhaps Spire, RWR and JTG probably fall into the category of trying to just make a living on this racing gig deal.

That is true. I was curious so I did a little Google research. So take what I post with that understanding.
10 teams (24 charters) have owner net worth of over $100 million.
Surprisingly that does not include Joe Gibbs Racing with 4 more charters.
A couple owners net worth did not come up when Google searching.
So perhaps Spire, RWR and JTG probably fall into the category of trying to just make a living on this racing gig deal.

Charters are going for 40 million if they want out. Nobody does.

I wonder if NASCAR realizes that if their seats were empty there aren’t 36 teams waiting for them.
I'm not sure about that. Now if the manufacturers pull out they're in trouble

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I have no idea what's going on or what's happening to NASCAR. I wish someone would pinch me and wake me up though.

Last week I saw Jimmy Johnson driving a Toyota and this week I saw an Earnhart in one.

Back
Top Bottom