Ru'Roh Raggy!!!!!!

wolfcub

Team Owner
Richard Petty's team to continue on
Updated: August 30, 2012, 11:15 AM ET
By David Newton | ESPN.com
CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Richard Petty Motorsports will remain a part of the Sprint Cup Series in 2013 despite a loss of manufacturer money and limited sponsorship, the co-owner told ESPN.com.
Petty said he hopes to have a new deal with Ford in the next three weeks, but acknowledged it probably won't be as good financially since much of the manufacturer's money that went to RPM is going to Penske Racing. Penske is moving from Dodge to Ford in 2013.
Petty did say that RPM currently has enough sponsorship to put two Cup cars on the track next year.
"We've always been here, so we're going to be here,'' the Hall of Fame driver said.
Petty wasn't so adamant on whether his driver lineup -- Marcos Ambrose in the No. 9 and Aric Almirola in the famed No. 43 -- would remain the same. Ambrose appears safe -- he's won this year and is safely inside the top 20 in points at 16th. Almirola signed a one-year deal and is 22nd in points.
"We'll see," Petty said on his driver lineup. "Right now, everything

ok, so I will be the first to start the rumor....Kurt Busch to the famed #43!!!!!!

I think Kurt will be driving for a legendary owner in 2013 just not Petty. I'm going Richard Childress.

I think Kurt will be driving for a legendary owner in 2013 just not Petty. I'm going Richard Childress.

RCR and Busch? Maybe. The 2 families do have connections.

RCR clock cleaning watch copy.jpg

At one time petty refused to put the NW series sponsor and Pole Award sponsor Busch on his cars, cost him a substantial amount of money but he stuck by it. Now yall are thinking he'll put a Busch in the car?

Btw, I beleive Almirola has done a fine job in the 43. 22nd in points for a driver with extremely limited Cup and Nationwiide experiance aint that bad at all!

With the exception of Sunday's between 1pm and 6pm and sometimes Saturday nights and even the occasional Sunday evening as well. And then there is Monday through Friday, let's not forget those. ;)

You guys really need to cut Andy some slack. He isn't grumpy all of the time because he has to sleep at times. ;)

Oh I gotcha, like that guy in the Geico commercial, the traffic cop body builder. Gotcha.

Petty to Chevy?: According to sources, principals from RPM met with Richard Childress Racing management earlier this week to discuss the possibility of becoming a satellite team similar to the relationship that the Welcome, N.C.-based organization has with #78 Furniture Row Racing. "No comment on anything because I don't have a clue what's going on," Richard Petty said. "When we get everything squared away, we'll talk to you. Other than that, there ain't nothing. There ain't nothing there 'til we bring something there, and right now we have nothing." Sources say the move to Chevrolet would include technical support from the manufacturer in the form of sheet metal, wind tunnel time and engineering. Petty Enterprises last ran Pontiacs under the General Motors banner before switching to Dodge in 2001.(FoxSports)(9-8-2012)

Petty and Chip should join operations. Then they could call themselves the Petty Evernham Gillett Yates Ginn MB2 Earnhardt Ganassi Incorporated Enterprises Racing Motorsports /w Felix Sabates

Back
Top Bottom