Ryan Newman

F

followthe18

Is it too early to call him a legit 2003 title contender? It seems like he never has a bad run when his equipment holds out for him.

Not too early at all. Ryan has eatablished his credentials well enough this season to be considered a legitimate threat to win almost any honor currently available in WC.

Joining him as threats to win the title next year are some 10 to 15 other drivers as well at this point. (that might even be conservative) Including his ROTY contender Jimmie Johnson.

I've been a die hard fan of Ryan's ever since I watched him race USAC's at the Action Track in Terre Haute, Indiana. Ryan is definatley a WC title contender for 2003!! Take away about a 7 race stretch this season and he would be in the top 3 in points. The best thing abut him is he's a very nice and down to earth driver unlike some I can say in Nascar. If your becomming Newman fans I'll list a few sites you might want to check out!

Ryan Newman Fans Board
http://www.ryannewmanfans.com

Official Site of Ryans
http://www.ryan12newman.com

:D

Ryan reminds me so much of Alan Kulwicki. I just wonder, especially after seeing the telemetry at Pocono, how many of those blown engines rest on his shoulders.

I like the kid myself. He has class and skill, but doesn't seem to be afraid to get his hands a little dirty in traffic if need be.

At Daytona this year, I talked to Buddy Baker about Ryan. He compared the kid to a sponge. He said he just soaks everything up, remembers, and doesn't make the same mistake twice.

A legit 2002 title contender? There are still several race left, and its not out of the question that he could win it this year. He will be easily in the top 10 at least.

Seeing him run so well at a track like Watkins Glen that he had never even seen before impressed me even more with this rookie. He's definitely going to be a threat once he starts driving on some of these tracks for a second time.

Originally posted by HardScrabble
Not too early at all. Ryan has eatablished his credentials well enough this season to be considered a legitimate threat to win almost any honor currently available in WC.

Joining him as threats to win the title next year are some 10 to 15 other drivers as well at this point. (that might even be conservative)  Including his ROTY contender Jimmie Johnson.

I have throughly enjoyed watching Ryan and Jimmie race this yr. Both of them have been SO impressive!! It's going to be interesting to see who actually ends up getting ROTY.

Newman is a very very smart person and absolutely can drive the wheels off of anything. The only concern I have is how jealous will his so called teammate get before this is over with.

Back
Top Bottom