Ryan Preece: bad luck or lack of skills?

Yeah I bet smoke was upset with Ryan's actions lol! I'll just leave this here

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Preece has had speed. Just has to clean up the end of these races. Most of it isn’t his doing, especially COTA and Bristol. I’m hoping he gets a top 5 today, and I’m a Larson/Hendrick fan. This is his type of track.

Preece has had speed. Just has to clean up the end of these races. Most of it isn’t his doing, especially COTA and Bristol. I’m hoping he gets a top 5 today, and I’m a Larson/Hendrick fan. This is his type of track.
I am a Larson fan and I want Preece to run well today too. I respect his Open Wheel Mod resume and would like to see him have some breakout performances that leads to a long sucessful Cup career.

Winning the pole today is encouraging but I am as not as optimistic for today's race because his practice speeds were not as impressive. It was a short session and I hope I am reading to much into it. I just don't know what he has for the long runs today.

I was honestly very impressed with Preece at Martinsville. He sat on the pole & led more laps than in his previous 123 starts combined. Obviously, he committed a major blunder, when he sped on pit road. However, he kept digging & salvaged a top 15.

If anything, he showed that he's capable of running up front if given a good car, especially at short tracks. I always liked the signing & was a firm believer even after seeing him struggle for most of the season.

Had a decent run at Martinsville. Stage 1 win. The 41 is an average car that Kurt Busch looked good in.

Had a decent run at Martinsville. Stage 1 win. The 41 is an average car that Kurt Busch looked good in.
Preece has 6 years in cup, he won his first stage at Martinsville. I don't think you can build a career in cup unless he gets some sponsorship and that comes from better finishes in his case. His last owner took Stenhouse over him when they had to cut down to one car. I'm glad he is getting one more chance from Tony but he can't pull an Almirola with out a Smithfield type on his car so it will take results.

Preece has 6 years in cup, he won his first stage at Martinsville. I don't think you can build a career in cup unless he gets some sponsorship and that comes from better finishes in his case. His last owner took Stenhouse over him when they had to cut down to one car. I'm glad he is getting one more chance from Tony but he can't pull an Almirola with out a Smithfield type on his car so it will take results.
He has sponsorship in United rentals. That was a major factor in putting him in the car over Cole

He has sponsorship in United rentals. That was a major factor in putting him in the car over Cole

1681918345404.png

Back
Top Bottom