RYR & Rudd - Kyle supports the position of

H

HardScrabble

everybody!!:)

Don't blame him, wouldn't want some dem fool reporter asking me about another teams business if I was in his shoes either.

While Winston Cup driver/team owner Kyle Petty sympathizes with Rudd as a driver who wants a raise, his team owner instincts tell him to keep it in proportion.

"If you've got a $10 million sponsor and the driver wants $3 million, then that's an unreasonable request, because he wants 30 percent of your revenue stream," Petty said. "If Robert (Yates) feels with his company that his revenue stream is not where it needs to be, then he can't pay that, and I understand that wholeheartedly and stand behind Robert Yates 100 percent.

"At the same time, I stand behind Ricky Rudd because he thinks he's worth that much, and he probably is worth that much."

That sounds like my drive. Where did you read that at.

My apologies Pettyfan,

Didn't catch your question until now. It was in one of the articles on the Rudd/Yates deal, since there have been a couple dozen of those I don't recall which one. Sorry.

Petty Enterprises is being mentioned in the news regarding drivers for next season. Kyle says the driver of the 44 car will not be decided for a month or two. Grissom should keep the ride for the rest of this season. Hamilton is a possibility,

Kyle and John Andretti have not signed a contract yet. Kyle says he wants to give Andretti time to explore other options if he wants to. John says he's happy with the team, but would like for Kyle to allow him to pursue an opportunity to run in the Indy 500 again. Kyle and John are reportedly discussing that possibility and it is not out of the question.

Have seen nothing concrete on might replace Sprint as Kyle's sponsor. That is probably Kyle's first priority at the moment.

kyle makes sense.

HS, have you heard anything else about schrader and the petty's?

Not anything beyond the normal speculation stuff. Have not read anything confirming that Ken will leave the 36 team even. Though there is a large consensus that the M&M's is gone, even that has not been confirmed.

I know that Schrader, given his druthers, will not discuss his negotiations publically. We're probably stuck with speculation and rumor until whatever deal he makes is done.

HS, that's what i was afraid of, lol. the suspense is too much sometimes:D

Since we're stuck with speculation m&m's, I will add a lttle of my own.

The last couple of times that I have seen Schrader on IWC, he seems to be in a more cheerful frame of mind. It could be the win at South Boston, but it might also mean that he has a good deal cooking somewhere.

according to Jayski's (most reliable source on the planet, huh?:)) that the Elliott Sadler / Robert Yates deal will be in a third team which will be m & m's sponsored, as far as Schrader, i don't know alot about that but i definitely hope he leaves the 36 team, he needs to get some cars that will let him run like he should be

Looks like I'm going to need a bigger scorecard to keep up with all the changes for next year.

This silly season is getting more mixed up, and sillier, by the day.

Dont bother bout saying your sorry I been working so I wouldent of been able to read is quick anyway. lol

I know there will be a 44 next year because Kyle has Georgia Pacific signed on for one more year. I bet you that someone younger driver will be driving that car. I read on some web page(cant think of it off the top of my head) that Scott Riggs might be dealing with Kyle for that ride. Scott lives in Durham North Carolina and Kyle lives just down the high way in Randelman North Carolina. That would be a good connection if you ask me.

Originally posted by HardScrabble
Since we're stuck with speculation m&m's, I will add a lttle of my own.

The last couple of times that I have seen Schrader on IWC, he seems to be in a more cheerful frame of mind. It could be the win at South Boston, but it might also mean that he has a good deal cooking somewhere.

he does look happier HS. i'll keep my fingers crossed.:)

Back
Top Bottom