Salary and bonus limits

barelypure

Spectator
This type of news could almost get me to change my mind on government controlled compensations.

While consumers shelled out more for their blue-collar Budweisers in the first half of this year, compensation for Bud execs advanced 92%. The top 13 executives made $73 million in the first half of 2009, or $5.6 million each, on average -- up from $38 million a year before.

:mad:

This kind of goes back to when I asked several months ago if there is a limit to capitalism. I'm not anti-capitalism in any shape or form, but sometimes I do believe that businesses can become so big that they can control more than what they should be able to control...and I don't mean government wise. As far as Anheuser Busch execs making more and more money, I'm a little surprised. While the king of beers might be Budweiser, smaller brands and specialty brewers are taking a bigger slice of the pie. But then again, maybe in these days of recession, people are buying the cheap stuff, i.e. Budweiser etal.

i ahve a friend who owns a liquor store and frankly he is loving the ression as he did in 2000 ( i think that is the correct year) says he makes a hell of a lot more money as people drink more during hard times

Back
Top Bottom