Sauter Appealing Fine, ETC.

kat2220

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sauter, team to appeal profanity penalty

Brewco Motorsports and driver Johnny Sauter have decided to appeal part of his penalty for using profanity in a post-race radio interview following the NASCAR Busch Series race at Las Vegas.

Sauter was fined $10,000, placed on probation through the end of the year and docked 25 Busch Series driver points after a live radio interview with Performance Racing Network.

Sauter and the team will appeal the points reduction and their appeal is scheduled to be heard Tuesday before a three-member panel of the National Stock Car Racing Commission in Daytona Beach, Fla.

During the race weekend at Rockingham, N.C., NASCAR President Mike Helton warned participants the sanctioning body would be strictly enforcing its restrictions on the use of profanity in radio and TV broadcasts.

Helton cited the Federal Communication Commission's recent crackdown on such language for its toughened stance.

In a prepared statement, team Owner Richard Childress stated "This is such a crock of &^#%! These &^*#ing drivers race their asses off every week, and some stupid son of a &^!$@ gets in their way. Hell yeah I tell my boys to knock the $*!# out of them. It's my radio, I bought it, I still got the mother&%@#ing receipt. Screw NASCAR and their decency bull&#$!."

:p

Originally posted by EatMorePossum@Mar 22 2004, 02:13 PM
In a prepared statement, team Owner Richard Childress stated "This is such a crock of &^#%! These &^*#ing drivers race their asses off every week, and some stupid son of a &^!$@ gets in their way. Hell yeah I tell my boys to knock the $*!# out of them. It's my radio, I bought it, I still got the mother&%@#ing receipt. Screw NASCAR and their decency bull&#$!."

:p
you d@*& right!

:lol:

:D

Attachments

• 3.23.04.gif
    3.23.04.gif
    19.9 KB · Views: 118
Johnny should appeal this. Its total bull plop that they deduct points from a driver. Earnhardt Jr. swears on national TV all the time and no one really cares. Dont get me wrong I like Junior alot but its kinda werid how they come down hard on Sauter for swearing on the radio when countless others swear on national Tv and just get a fine.

Sauter's Penalty Upheld: The National Stock Car Racing Commission announced Thursday that it had rejected NASCAR Busch Series driver Johnny Sauter's appeal of financial and points penalties levied earlier this month. The Commission, consisting of Chairman George Silbermann, NASCAR's director of administration; former sports car driver Lyn St. James; and former track owner Mike Staley upheld NASCAR's $10,000 fine and 25-point penalty. Sauter has the right under Section 15 of the Busch Series rulebook to appeal the decision to National Stock Car Racing Commissioner Charles D. Strang and Thursday his team owner, Clarence Brewer, said the team was seriously considering that move. "As of right now we plan to appeal," Brewer said. "Because I think we've been made an example of. My biggest problem with the whole situation is not the fine for cursing, because I agree with it. Even if it were more I wouldn't have a problem with it. The problem I have as a team owner is that when you deduct points for an action that the driver did, you're affecting Clarence Brewer and the team more than the driver." Sauter is currently 10th in the Busch Series driver standings, 113 points behind leader Kevin Harvick. Without the 25-point penalty, Sauter would be tied with Bobby Hamilton Jr. for sixth position.

**Fron knowyournascar.com**

Back
Top Bottom