Say goodbye to Mikey

C3ILepzUYAAnsYr.jpg:large

I'll start working on my acceptance speech right now. ROTFLMAO

I can imagine the acceptance awards speech. "I really struggled with all those Dannica Threads,and moving them to the Podium was a tough decision, but i'm glad that all those tough years moderating the forums has been recognized"

No HoF credibility but not as awful as portrayed, myself included, imo. His high visibility just made it more obvious that he was more of a good driver and nowhere near greatness.

Driving them cars aint as easy as most want to believe.

As a race car driver: no comment. His career stats say enough. 783 cup starts, 4 wins, all plate tracks. OK, one comment... plenty of drivers never get even one win, so 4 is good. He has a knack for restrictor plate racing.

As a TV analyst: Waltrip is an embarrassment to Fox and to Nascar, as well as an insult to the audience. His breathless exaggerations and fabrications are beyond ridiculous, and are mute button inducing.

I may not be a fan of Michael, but I do admire his passion for the sport.
The constant comparisons between his career and Darrell's had to be grating on him.
I don't know that he's HOF material, though. He may not have set the world on fire
with his driving, but at times he did well.

The show with Mikey , Johnny Benson , Kenny Schrader , and Alan remains my all time favorite Nascar show . Nothing else comes close .
^this

They completely effed it up when they redid the format of that show. They they took it a step further in that direction with the hiring of Dave Despain. I think he secretly hated NASCAR.

^this

They completely effed it up when they redid the format of that show. They they took it a step further in that direction with the hiring of Dave Despain. I think he secretly hated NASCAR.

There really wasn't any way to improve that show and they proved that . Even the loss of Johnny Benson hurt it badly .

The only think Mikey really did wrong (other than the whole Jet Fuel thing) was to get overexposed on TV. He's great, just need a little less of him.

Back
Top Bottom