Sayonara Fox

FOX just seemed to do the minimum required and acted like they wanted to get their obligation to Nascar over with ASAP and move on to greener grass. I realize this was not the case but it is the way I perceived it. Anyone else get that vibe?

Watching racing on TV is like watching hockey,nothing matches being there in person.I did enjoy the view from Danica's helmet Sunday.As far as commercials go,with the money networks paid for NASCAR,I'm surprised we don't have more of them.
I enjoyed the view from Danica's helmetcam UNTIL Fox switched to her in-car and spent 20 or 30 seconds under green showing us how their new toy was mounted.
FOX, NBC. NBC, FOX. Matters not. Each will get it's fair share of abuse.
Both have their flaws. My biggest complaint with Fox is the director's / producer's choice of camera and shots.

boogity has left the building, Thank God!!
The fox monologue...
DW: Back in the day when I was so great we ran on wooden wheels and when I'd hit the S/F line the crew would tell me how far ahead <SNORK> I was...
JG, Would you please SHADDUP!!

Larry Mac, here's the Furd cutaway car and here's where the driver sits, that's the steering wheel and look at the pretty lights on the dash! DW, did you have them?
DW Nah, we'd wet a finger and stick it out the window to gauge pit road speed....;)
Okay, that $#!+'s just funny. :XXROFL:

NBC Sports has always had great theme music. In addition to the NBA and NASCAR themes, some of those NFL on NBC themes from the 80's and 90's were great pieces of music, the current one is pretty good too (not the crappy Carrie Underwood intro, but the John Williams composed theme song).
I cannot imagine any factor that is of less importance to me regarding sports coverage than intro or theme music.

Are you guys telling me you aren't ready for the Commerical 400 from Daytona this Saturday night? You will get to see 3 laps of green flag racing, followed by 2 laps of side by side coverage, followed by 3 laps of green flag racing, followed by 5 laps of full screen commercial. Repeat until the race is over.
I don't know what it is about this particular race, but it is always a commercial fest no matter what channel it has been on.

Oh, and can we place bets now on overtime for this Saturday? NBC needs footage of a wreck fest so they can promote the rest of the season once football comes around.

Are you guys telling me you aren't ready for the Commerical 400 from Daytona this Saturday night? You will get to see 3 laps of green flag racing, followed by 2 laps of side by side coverage, followed by 3 laps of green flag racing, followed by 5 laps of full screen commercial. Repeat until the race is over.
I don't know what it is about this particular race, but it is always a commercial fest no matter what channel it has been on.

Oh, and can we place bets now on overtime for this Saturday? NBC needs footage of a wreck fest so they can promote the rest of the season once football comes around.
upload_2017-6-26_15-27-14.jpeg

This could be the perfect race to begin watching with about 50 miles to go.

I think Regan Smith did a great job in the booth during the Xfinity race at Iowa. He brought a lot of fresh perspective without sounding like he was giving a class to first-time fans.

I thought so too, I believe it was the first race I heard him in the booth I thought the same thing.

I like or liked FOX better than NBC as I don't care for the "GREEN FLAG IS IN THE AIR AGAIN" "THREE WIDE" GUY. I don't care for Burton and Letarte as if you think I am repetitive you need to listen to those guys go at it. They also seem to think they get paid by the word and if you speak in a higher tone you get double pay. For me the take home message for the guys at NBC would be to calm down and understand that less is often more.

Back
Top Bottom