Schrader owned car will run in Michigan BGN

H

HardScrabble

Michael Vergers has won a chance to break into the USA's biggest form of racing, NASCAR - starting this weekend. The Dutchman, who made his name racing in Britain, has signed a deal with MB2/MBV Motorsports to race in NASCAR's secondary division, the Busch Series. He will make his debut on Saturday at the Michigan Superspeedway. Vergers had 2 top fives and 3 top tens in 8 ARCA RE/MAX starts for Bob Schacht earlier this season. No other info on the driver.

The car he will drive in the BGN race is the #07 Pontiac, the owner is listed as Ken Schrader. No sponsor is shown.

Now is this guy a Young gun or a ol veteran? Hope he does well in his Busch Debut. I guess im gonna watch the Busch race now...but not for Wally.

Vergers is 33 years old. He ran ASCAR last year and I think did fairly weel. He either won the championship or finished second, not sure. He has run some sports car races but I am not sure where and when or what his results were.

ASCAR is a version of NASCAR type cars run in England. The cars run 350 cubic inch V8"s in a chassis and body modeled very closely after the NASCAR cars. Fords Chevys and Pontiacs are all represented.

Like I said on the thread about Fittipaldi, the more the merrier.
Let's make Nascar an International sport. PURRRRRRRRRRRR

Scrabble,I think Kenny could grab Budweiser,Or maybe even the Blues Hockey team as a sponser if he is on his game.Laurie is chomping at the bit to get into Nascar.Laurie married into the Wall mart family,And then bought the St Louis blues.;)

I'm all for any sponsor they can get pbunch!

Doubt Budweiser can do the deal since DEI probably tied them up pretty good, but a sports team like the Blues would be great.

It seems we kinda have a Cowboys team on the way as it is now, so as somebody said ...the more the merrier!:)

You got it Scabble,The door is wide open.Kenny has a lot of pull in the St Louis market,It should be fun to watch,And Dale Sr. is not advertising for the Busch series anymore,New Has always been good for the Busch family.Who would have thought they would have sold the stadium rights to the Cardinals to Walt Jocketty?

I'll have to watch for th flyin Dutchman...........car #07 hope he does well!

HS, from what i understand kenny's going to be released from MB2 at the end of the season. they're keeping the 36, but claim they don't have a sponsor lined up and don't want to hold kenny back. i've heard that maybe mcdonald's i considering being a sponsor. but not sure when.

also there's going to be a press conference about m&m's going to yates, i think friday. will have to get details.

i just wonder where kenny is going to go.

HIya M&M..

The press conference is rescheduled for Sunday, but the deal is the same I imagine.

Once again rumors have Kenny trying to get the Petty ride in the #44 car. Also tales of possibly the Wood Bros car.

The future of the MB2 team is probably hinged on finding a sponsor, if they can land a good one such as McDonalds and get it done soon enough, Kenny might just stay there.

As you and I have discussed, Kenny won't say anything much until the deal is done, Good for him!!:)

Back
Top Bottom