Schumacher v Mcrae

W

wipftm

I have just read that Colin Mcrae has thrown down the gauntlet to Schumacher by challenging him to a head to head in a rally car and then an F1 car to see who is the fastest.

In my mind there is really no competition. Colin would blow Schuey's doors off, no worries. However before this possibly fantastic spectacle got off the ground Schuey chickened out. If Schuey wants to be regarded as the best then he has to justify it. He has never done this. Yes I know he has all the records but never as Johnny Herbert commented has he ever taken anybody on in equal equipment..

lol, that is quite interesting. So i guess u are saying that Shumacher can only win with superior equipment? I wouldn't be too suprised to hear of him testing a rally car during the off season to get an edge on Colin if Micheal was to come around and do it but both are stars of their respected sports and would easily beat each other at them.

I remember when Colin Mcrae did a few laps in Martin Brundle's Jordan a few years ago at Silverstone and after a couple of laps he was within a few hundredths of Brundle's fastest lap. Alas I really doubt if the head to head with Schuey will ever happen. That would have been something to see.;)

That would be really cool to see, but i doubt it would happen either. I did not know that Colin took a ride in a Jordan but it doesn't matter, Shuey knows how to push an F1 to its limits and Colin don't, although same can be said for Colin in a rally car.

I would think it would be easier for a racer to jump in a road course pavement car rather the in a Rally Car! Theres a lot of skill involved in driving them Rally cars!

Yeah how would Schumacher rate on the Safari??? I don't think so !!!!;)

Back
Top Bottom