Season 3 2020 build

SpeedPagan

The iRacing Guru
r0aVfoU.png

This week, iRacing came out with their 2020 Season 3 build. Included in this build is the NASCAR 1987 cars, The Chevy Monte Carlo and the Ford Thunderbird. The Chevy Monte Carlo was from Dale Sr's Wrangler #3 and the Ford Thunderbird was from Bill Elliot's record setting #9. I of course went with the Ford Thunderbird and spent all day yesterday painting it to what you see above. In between the painting sessions, I took this bad boy out onto the track and I gotta say, I LOVE it! You got: 650HP, no power steering, no restrictor plate (this was the last year they would run super speedways without the plates), no tapered spacer, no front splitter, a very small rear spoiler, and you drive off of the right rear instead of the right front. This car is a challenge to drive and I loved every second of it! I think the part I love the most is that you have to really put in some elbow grease to drive this car, especially when it comes to road courses and short ovals. Did a couple of hosted session where we did races at Lime Rock Park (road) and North Wilkesboro and those were the two most awesome race I've ever been in.

There will be an iRacing Legend of NASCAR series that will use these cars and a lot of the older scanned track that still have their bumps and chipped asphalts, and I am looking forward to that! It's going to be a blast!

Did you take it to Talladega and shoot for Bill's record?

S0ZF4HT.png

I have to say, this car is A LOT of fun and challenging at every track we go to! Right now it's week 13, so the points don't matter and the rules are made up. Which means most of these race are wreck-fest, but if you can survive for the first like 5 laps or so, then you have a good shot of finishing in the top 5.

I plan on running in the official series in Season 3, and that's when the real work begins!

One of my iRacing goals was to win at my virtual home track. Well I did that tonight at the Dirt track at Charlotte!! It was total domination, won the pole, won Heat 1, and then won the Main!
FB_IMG_1595043104902.jpg

Back
Top Bottom