Season points standings without the Chase/resets

CamelPowered

Jimmy Spencer Never Forgets!
Unofficial Top 25 in 2014 Sprint Cup Driver Points Standings (not the Chase):
[after Phoenix, race 35 of 36]
(using current points system, but not the Chase rules, unofficial)
1) #24-Jeff Gordon(EC), 1217
2) #22-Joey Logano(C2), 1188, -29
3) #88-Dale Earnhardt Jr.(EC), 1145, -72
4) #2-Brad Keselowski(EC), 1138, -79
5) #4-Kevin Harvick(C4), 1124, -93
6) #20-Matt Kenseth(EC), 1093, -124
7) #31-Ryan Newman(C3), 1093, -124
8) #99-Carl Edwards(EC), 1050, -167
9) #42-Kyle Larson, 1049, -168
10) #48-Jimmie Johnson(EC), 1032, -185
11) #16-Greg Biffle(EC), 997, -220
12) #1-Jamie McMurray, 975, -242
13) #18-Kyle Busch(EC), 964, -253
14) #11-Denny Hamlin(C1), 949, -268 (missed a races)
15) #15-Clint Bowyer, 943, -274
16) #3-Austin Dillon, 939, -278
17) #5-Kasey Kahne(EC), 934, -283
18) #27-Paul Menard, 904, -313
19) #55-Brian Vickers, 900, -317
20) #41-Kurt Busch(EC), 877, -340
21) #47-AJ Allmendinger(EC), 864, -353
22) #9-Marcos Ambrose, 855, -362
23) #78-Martin Truex Jr., 830, -387
24) #14-Tony Stewart, 798, -419 (missed 3 races)
25) #43-Aric Almirola(EC), 795, -422
(C# is chase driver and current Chase position)
(EC is chase driver that has been eliminated from the Chase)
(11-9-2014)

I'm not posting this to debate Chase standing vs. Real standings or anything. I was looking at this on Jayski, and I was really surprised by where some of the drivers would be without the resets.

Newman has been pretty quiet this season, but going by these points and the chase system he would come out as one of the top drivers. He snuck up on everybody this year.

McMurray would be only three spots behind Larson, and he would have finished top 10 as a rookie. I didn't expect that team to do this well at all. Jamie's done better this year than I would have thought; Larson's been really exciting to watch, but Jamie has been getting it done without anywhere near the attention of his rookie teammate.

Stewart-Haas has really had a dismal season, except for Harvick. Kurt would be in 20th place, far lower than I would have expected him to be. It's interesting that Tony missed three races and hasn't won, yet he would still be ahead of Almirola who has won a race this season.

And there would only be one Gibbs car in the top ten.

Last edited:
I'm not posting this to debate Chase standing vs. Real standings or anything. I was looking at this on Jayski, and I was really surprised by where some of the drivers would be without the resets.

McMurray would be only three spots behind Larson, and he would have finished top 10 as a rookie. I didn't expect that team to do this well at all. Jamie's done better this year than I would have thought; Larson's been really exciting to watch, but Jamie has been getting it done without anywhere near the attention of his rookie teammate.

Stewart-Haas has really had a dismal season, except for Harvick. Kurt would be in 20th place, far lower than I would have expected him to be. It's interesting that Tony missed three races and hasn't won, yet he would still be ahead of Almirola who has won a race this season.
They post this info in 'The Real Championship' thread after each race. The title may have thrown you off.

I know how pro-chasers love alternate points standings, so here's a few more:

Standings had Mitt Romney won the 2012 Presidential Election:

Hamlin 5,000
Harvick 5,000
Logano 5,000
Newman 5,000

Standings if one train leaves London at 3:30 and another train leaves Paris at 5:30:

Hamlin 5,000
Harvick 5,000
Logano 5,000
Newman 5,000

Standings if I wear a funny looking hat:

Hamlin 5,000
Harvick 5,000
Logano 5,000
Newman 5,000

Standings if global warming really is a myth:

Hamlin 5,000
Harvick 5,000
Logano 5,000
Newman 5,000

Standings had Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie not gotten married:

Hamlin 5,000
Harvick 5,000
Logano 5,000
Newman 5,000

I'm working on a few more, bear with me...

Hamlin 5,000
Harvick 5,000
Logano 5,000
Newman 5,000

Standings if one train leaves London at 3:30 and another train leaves Paris at 5:30:

Hamlin 5,000
Harvick 5,000
Logano 5,000
Newman 5,000

Hamlin 5,000
Harvick 5,000
Logano 5,000
Newman 5,000

Hamlin 5,000
Harvick 5,000
Logano 5,000
Newman 5,000

Hamlin 5,000
Harvick 5,000
Logano 5,000
Newman 5,000

I'm torn between the Global Warming and the Funny Hat versions. I'm kinda leaning towards that Global Warming cause I wouldn't need the hat if it were that warm.

I completely understand. It got me the first time too. Had it been entitled the 'Real Championship Thread for Fans Living in the Past', it may have made more sense. :D

Just a joke people..... Lighten up.
Its not about living in the past. Its about knowing what the points would look like had the chase not been created. Its no different than wondering what the world be like had Lennon & Kennedy not been assassinated imo. Just curious.

But it seems curiosity has killed the cat again because any time someone here mentions this topic, they get negatively labeled for it. Which is wrong imo

Its not about living in the past. Its about knowing what the points would look like had the chase not been created. Its no different than wondering what the world be like had Lennon & Kennedy not been assassinated imo. Just curious.

But it seems curiosity has killed the cat again because any time someone here mentions this topic, they get negatively labeled for it. Which is wrong imo

Probably because someone brings this up and bashes the chase every 11 minutes. It gets really old

Kyle Larson would be ahead of Jimmie Johnson and Kyle Busch. Interesting.

So, my post is considered people bashing?

So, my post is considered people bashing?
Did I say it was? No. All I did was clarify that its not "living in the past".

Plenty of people bashing has happened to people who are against the chase & vice versa.

That is whats getting old, not the chase bashing.

Yaaaaay another versionof a thread that was already integrated into a confusing sticky...........

It's not Wednesday yet.. don't get excited Camel...

images

Hamlin 5,000
Harvick 5,000
Logano 5,000
Newman 5,000

Hamlin 5,000
Harvick 5,000
Logano 5,000
Newman 5,000

Hamlin 5,000
Harvick 5,000
Logano 5,000
Newman 5,000

Hamlin 5,000
Harvick 5,000
Logano 5,000
Newman 5,000

Hamlin 5,000
Harvick 5,000
Logano 5,000
Newman 5,000

:XXROFL:

Plenty of people bashing has happened to people who are against the chase & vice versa.

Pretty much.

I've personally grown weary of engaging in the Chase debate, as I said in the Random thread, but what I'm really getting tired of is all the little disses and petty jabs being thrown out there.

I'm all for drinking cement milkshakes, having a thick skin, etc., but at the same time, everybody here is entitled to their opinion, and we all could do a better job of respecting each others' opinions on this subject IMO.

See.. that's where ur wrong.. the chase bashing probably got old before I was even a fan lol

nup. The Chase bashing is over the top.

Pretty much.

I've personally grown weary of engaging in the Chase debate, as I said in the Random thread, but what I'm really getting tired of is all the little disses and petty jabs being thrown out there.

I'm all for drinking cement milkshakes, having a thick skin, etc., but at the same time, everybody here is entitled to their opinion, and we all could do a better job of respecting each others' opinions on this subject IMO.
Disses and petty jabs? I'd say most peeps on here have been overly tolerant of the anti chasers.......who have almost taken over the forum IMO

nup. The Chase bashing is over the top.
I appreciate your opinion.

Disses and petty jabs? I'd say most peeps on here have been overly tolerant of the anti chasers.......who have almost taken over the forum IMO
Moderation tried to organize the forum so that chase talk would be in one thread - but the majority of posters who are pro-chase would have none of it. TRL spread it all back out again per their requests. -
They are open.
I humbly apologize to all those who want all those Chase threads.
I apologize for being a neat freak and trying to keep things together.
I apologize to those who were complaining about all those Chase threads.

I'm sorry I can't separate all those combined threads for those who want to comment on them. They are merged in order of the posts made --- so good luck.

-------------------

Yes, disses and jabs. As of late, several obnoxious members have made it clear that members are no longer allowed to be Gordon fans or anti-chasers because any post made by them turns into them being bashed over their opinions.

That being said, we are allowed to have our anti-chase discussions. We have been tolerant of the pro-chase talk and all we ask for in return is the same respect we give out. As long as the chase discussions involve chase bashing rather than people bashing.

I appreciate your opinion.

Moderation tried to organize the forum so that chase talk would be in one thread - but the majority of posters who are pro-chase would have none of it. TRL spread it all back out again per their requests. -

-------------------

Yes, disses and jabs. As of late, several obnoxious members have made it clear that members are no longer allowed to be Gordon fans or anti-chasers because any post made by them turns into them being bashed over their opinions.

That being said, we are allowed to have our anti-chase discussions. We have been tolerant of the pro-chase talk and all we ask for in return is the same respect we give out. As long as the chase discussions involve chase bashing rather than people bashing.

Well Chex I dont think I have slammed you guys at all.......but I have watched or at least listened to what you guys have said and I gotta say it just doesn't seem to stop.

Yep, disses and petty jabs, and they've come from both sides. Overall, I don't think that either side has been overly tolerant of the other.

I think some people are just getting a little testy in general because we've reached the end of the season. We've been talking about the same **** all year, and I understand that some folks are getting tired of it, myself included. That being said, as long as the mods allow it, the topic is fair game whether you or I personally want to continue discussing it or not - and I think we could all be a little more civil towards each other not just on this particular topic, but in general. JMO.

Yep, disses and petty jabs, and they've come from both sides. Overall, I don't think that either side has been overly tolerant of the other.

I think some people are just getting a little testy in general because we've reached the end of the season. We've been talking about the same **** all year, and I understand that some folks are getting tired of it, myself included. That being said, as long as the mods allow it, the topic is fair game whether you or I personally want to continue discussing it or not - and I think we could all be a little more civil towards each other not just on this particular topic, but in general. JMO.
You and I have been plenty civil.......some others...???:idunno:

Well Chex I dont think I have slammed you guys at all.......but I have watched or at least listened to what you guys have said and I gotta say it just doesn't seem to stop.
Not targeting or calling you out bud. Just a general statement. If you havent seen the venom from the other side of the fence you might wanna step back a few more paces ;) or kilometers, whatever you Aussies use :D

It's no fun having to walk on eggshells around here because I apparently don't know where the line is. That's going to make it tough to continue to post on here if I have to be worried about offending someone/anyone with each word I type. This has been a great place for years that suddenly seems to be going to hell.

Yeah, that's the way I read it. You're quoting my post directly.

It's no fun having to walk on eggshells around here because I apparently don't know where the line is. That's going to make it tough to continue to post on here if I have to be worried about offending someone/anyone with each word I type. This has been a great place for years that suddenly seems to be going to hell.
Damn kids :mad:

I'm seriously considering waving my own checkered flag here after the one at Homestead. No matter which driver wins, I have a feeling that this place will become intolerable (at least for me) and for a number of reasons - which for now are best left unsaid.

Life goes on, however, and there are other options out there.

I'm seriously considering waving my own checkered flag here after the one at Homestead. No matter which driver wins, I have a feeling that this place will become intolerable (at least for me) and for a number of reasons - which for now are best left unsaid.

Yeah, it was great when we could simply agree to disagree but now disagreements are looked at as bashing.

It is going to get pretty crazy around here next week and through the off season for sure... Even I might avoid some threads for a while.. although if Joey wins............ ;)

I always find that the discussion calms down around here after the season ends . The hotheads lose interest very quickly and don't return till Daytona . Frank discussions happen on a regular basis , but folks don't seem to get angry . IMO.Hope I'm not letting any secrets out .

Yaaaaay another versionof a thread that was already integrated into a confusing sticky...........

It's not Wednesday yet.. don't get excited Camel...

images
Go back to my follow-up posts. This wasn't meant to a debate about standings, the chase, or anything like that! It was just meant to start a discussion about how different teams had performed throughout the season. Who had been surprisingly consistent, what teams hadn't lived up to expectations, etc. It's easier to talk about that using these points instead of the points with the resets, is all; it's gone very off topic from what I trying to start a discussion about.

Go back to my follow-up posts. This wasn't meant to a debate about standings, the chase, or anything like that! It was just meant to start a discussion about how different teams had performed throughout the season. Who had been surprisingly consistent, what teams hadn't lived up to expectations, etc. It's easier to talk about that using these points instead of the points with the resets, is all; it's gone very off topic from what I trying to start a discussion about.
Welcome to racing forums :D lol

If we are going to say who's winning pre chase how about someone go back to the 2003 way points were scored? If you want to live in 2003 got use that point system also. Who's the leader?

Back
Top Bottom