See any good movies lately?

I went and saw Happy Death Day 2U today and it was okay, but I enjoyed the first one much more. They focused more on what was causing the time loops and I just didnt care for that.

They showed a preview for a movie called "Ma" and I will probably see that as well. It's going to be super weird watching Octavia Spencer portray a psychopath, especially since the last movie I saw her in was a Christian based film.

Watching "The Cured" right now. Pretty good. Seems like it should be (but it's now) a sequel or companion film the 20 Days/Weeks Later.

"A disease that turns people into zombies has been cured. The once-infected zombies are discriminated against by society and their own families, which causes social issues to arise. This leads to militant government interference."

I finally watched Rogue One: a Star Wars story.

I've had it saved for several months on my dvr and I knew it was sad, so I didn't watch it until tonight.

"A Star Is Born" with Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga ... best movie I've seen in years. Just, wow. And Lady Gaga shows off why she's the greatest vocalist of our time with flawless precision.

Even though playing a pop star wasn’t much of a stretch for her, Lady Gaga was great in her first major movie acting role.

She won a Golden Globe for her role on American Horror Story Hotel.

I can't believe this movie didn't win any Oscars.

She won a Golden Globe for her role on American Horror Story Hotel.

I can't believe this movie didn't win any Oscars.
Yeah, I knew she was in AHS, but this was her first major motion picture role. I thought she did a great job.

The movie did win an Oscar for Best Original Song, but it deserved more.

Finally saw the new Childs Play. It wasn't bad, but the plot was nowhere near what it was in the original. I expected that though, so I wasn't disappointed.

"Joker" is a masterpiece. Holy sh!t, this was one of the best movies I have ever seen.

As a follow up: If you haven't been through real-life trauma, don't struggle with mental illness, or don't know anybody who does, you probably won't appreciate this cinematic masterpiece.

This is one of the greatest and most important movies ever released.

Just watched Toy Story 4. The 1st one will always be the best, but I will put this one in the #2 spot. It was pretty good. Just looked on Rotten Tomatoes and Toy Story has to be the highest rated franchise of all time. The 4th one has a rating of 97% and that's the worst of the 4 films.

As a follow up: If you haven't been through real-life trauma, don't struggle with mental illness, or don't know anybody who does, you probably won't appreciate this cinematic masterpiece.

This is one of the greatest and most important movies ever released.
As a social worker, I can appreciate this. Looking forward to seeing it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I heard Joaquin Phoenix is measuring up to Heath Ledger's legendary performance, and possibly did even better, so my attention has been grabbed and I am hoping to see the movie soon!

I heard Joaquin Phoenix is measuring up to Heath Ledger's legendary performance, and possibly did even better, so my attention has been grabbed and I am hoping to see the movie soon!

If it's anything close to Ledger's I will have gotten my money's worth. Want to see Gemini Man and Terminator soon too.

I grew up a total film nerd but I don’t go to the cinema much any more. I just watch movies on TV or DVD and most of those are older.

But I did go see Once Upon A Time In Hollywood a few weeks ago.

I was born in Hollywood and grew up down there and wanted to see how they recreated Los Angeles in 1969. In that respect they did a pretty good job.

The movie story - I didn’t really see the point but it’s worth going just to see Pitt’s performance. He has a few scenes that are incredible.

Saw it last night with my brother, it was very good.
Awesome! Its on my list for next Tuesday, $5 dollar day at our theatre.
I really don't know the whole story so I will wait and see it before
I do any further research.

wow , what a movie. First time I have ever heard of the Ken Miles story. Plenty of research to do now.
Wish I would of known about this when I walked by the Ford GTs in the IMSA paddock for all these years.
Especially now that Ford GT program has come to an end this past month at Petit.

wow , what a movie. First time I have ever heard of the Ken Miles story. Plenty of research to do now.
Wish I would of known about this when I walked by the Ford GTs in the IMSA paddock for all these years.
Especially now that Ford GT program has come to an end this past month at Petit.

I waited till $5.00 Tuesday also, good movie. Getting to watch the live action of the old GT40's was pure enjoyment and they got the sound correct.
Definitely a must see if you are a car and race guy.

#1-9.jpg

Still is the best looking race car ever built and badass to the bone! :booya::punkrocke

I waited till $5.00 Tuesday also, good movie. Getting to watch the live action of the old GT40's was pure enjoyment and they got the sound correct.

View attachment 42265
Still is the best looking race car ever built and badass to the bone! :booya::punkrocke
I'm planning to go watch it this week.

Reactions: sdj

View attachment 42265
Prolly pure bliss to drive one of those...even around a parking lot...:D

Reactions: sdj
Watched “Once Upon a Time in Hollywood” last night. The first half of it kind of drags but the second half is really good.

https://www.noted.co.nz/culture/cul...ri-movie-black-flags-three-kiwi-racing-heroes
When New Zealand drivers Bruce McLaren and Chris Amon won and Denny Hulme came second in the 24 Hours of Le Mans in 1966, it wasn’t just another triumph during a golden age for Kiwi drivers in international motorsport.

The movie offers its own version of how that 1966 finish was a stage-managed triumph for the company and what the cost of that photo opportunity was to the participants – though McLaren, Amos and team-mate Hulme barely feature on screen. Occasionally, you’ll see McLaren’s kiwi emblem on the side windows of his and Amon’s black and silver car as it flashes past.

• Just sayin'

Finally got around to watching "Ready or Not" and wow! One of the best thriller/horror films I have seen in quite some time. Simply amazing! Quite gory though, so it's not a movie for those who can't deal with that stuff.

I watched "Return to Oz" on Disney Plus. Remembered seeing this as a kid.

Spoiler Alert: We are NOT in Kansas anymore....... this movie is ****tipated.

An underrated classic, but so dark.

Was visiting family weekend, so I was subjected to more Hallmark Christmas movies than anyone should have a right to.

So here’s how they pretty much all went....a pretty, successful, engaged woman who lives in the city finds herself having to go back to the town where she grew up as a result of either a) a work assignment, or b) travel complications. She’ll get roped into helping with the town Christmas pageant and in doing so will meet a guy that at first she can’t stand but will ultimately fall for. Her adorable niece will help her make cookies for the pageant at some point in the movie, usually about halfway through. At the pageant, the woman will dance first with her father then with the guy she’s now into. Right about that time, her a-hole fiancé will walk in, who she didn’t tell the new guy about, and he’ll get mad at her. When she realizes her fiancé doesn’t understand the true meaning of Christmas, she’ll ditch him for the guy she just met 3 days ago and couldn’t stand until 12 hours ago. Then just about the time they kiss, it’ll start snowing.

That’s literally the plot to every one of these f**king movies. Every. Single. One.

Was visiting family weekend, so I was subjected to more Hallmark Christmas movies than anyone should have a right to.

So here’s how they pretty much all went....a pretty, successful, engaged woman who lives in the city finds herself having to go back to the town where she grew up as a result of either a) a work assignment, or b) travel complications. She’ll get roped into helping with the town Christmas pageant and in doing so will meet a guy that at first she can’t stand but will ultimately fall for. Her adorable niece will help her make cookies for the pageant at some point in the movie, usually about halfway through. At the pageant, the woman will dance first with her father then with the guy she’s now into. Right about that time, her a-hole fiancé will walk in, who she didn’t tell the new guy about, and he’ll get mad at her. When she realizes her fiancé doesn’t understand the true meaning of Christmas, she’ll ditch him for the guy she just met 3 days ago and couldn’t stand until 12 hours ago. Then just about the time they kiss, it’ll start snowing.

That’s literally the plot to every one of these f**king movies. Every. Single. One.

In addition to having the same plot, they also seem to have the main character rotate between about six actors.

Back
Top Bottom