See any good movies lately?

Just polished off an ice cold beer in the bar next to the movie theater and am seated for STAR WARS.

I love living at the beach.

On my to do list for this coming $5 Tuesday.
Scale of 1-10 , what do you give it?

Got Star Wars in yesterday. I would give it a 7 as well. A few nice surprises ,some of which
left me little more confused than anything. During the galactic battle scenes I often found
myself losing track of who was the good guys or bad guys. So much stuff exploding.
Daisy/Rey is quite the superhero even though she did something that left me saying nooooooo!
Packed theatre.

Just saw Bombshell, it was OK but the Showtime miniseries The Loudest Voice (which was about the same topic) was so much better.

The wife and I went to 5 Dollar Tuesday yesterday at B&B theater (Great folks at B&B Theaters, $5 ticket includes a bag of popcorn)
Saw the new Star Wars, I give it a 5 at best. But that is to be expected with the Disney effect in place. Story line was all over the place.

Saw the new Star Wars, I give it a 5 at best. But that is to be expected with the Disney effect in place. Story line was all over the place.

It's the only Star Wars movie in the new trilogy I haven't gone back and watched. I re-watched The Last Jedi and I gained a whole new appreciation for that movie.

The Rise of Skywalker is complete garbage with payoffs at the end. Anakin's redemption being undone, the blurred line between dark and light from the last movie being undone, the stage being set for an Endgame like showdown only to be Rey holding two lightsabers defending herself was as infuriating as IT Chapter 2 coming down to The Losers Club ****mouthing Pennywise.

I like every Star Wars movie, but The Rise of Skywalker was the worst of the saga. It served no purpose.

It's the only Star Wars movie in the new trilogy I haven't gone back and watched. I re-watched The Last Jedi and I gained a whole new appreciation for that movie.

The Rise of Skywalker is complete garbage with payoffs at the end. Anakin's redemption being undone, the blurred line between dark and light from the last movie being undone, the stage being set for an Endgame like showdown only to be Rey holding two lightsabers defending herself was as infuriating as IT Chapter 2 coming down to The Losers Club ****mouthing Pennywise.

I like every Star Wars movie, but The Rise of Skywalker was the worst of the saga. It served no purpose.

@AndyMarquisLive , we do not agree on much, but, this I totally agree with. :booya:

Saw 1917, good movie. Amazon has a documentary type movie Called “ We shall not Grow Old” that is similar to the movie only a little more in depth with actual footage.

Watched a documentary on Willy T. Ribbs called "Uppity" on Netflix. Thought it was a really good story of his life/career and look back through the years at some of the things in racing, before my time. Many I had no idea about. Informative piece.

Joker

...like Falling Down, with a twist...

I wasn't tagged?

tenor.gif

Watched a documentary on Willy T. Ribbs called "Uppity" on Netflix. Thought it was a really good story of his life/career and look back through the years at some of the things in racing, before my time. Many I had no idea about. Informative piece.

Thanks for posting. Willy T.Tubbs is a legend!

Finished watching on Netflix “Designated Survivor” season 1 last nigh5. Very good show.

The Turning.

Pretty weird horror movie!

The ending, however, left me wondering about a lot of things. Eh. 5/10

You have to have no taste to not like that movie. What didn't you like about it?

Thought it was close to a masterpiece myself.
I thought the ending was crap.
I’ve never really liked Coen Bros movies but I figured I’d give it a shot.

Parasite

What a good little movie here. I love Korean movies. Specially the horror and thriller genre.

They almost always hit it out of the park with those.

No Country For Old Men was an award winning movie. Bardem, Brolin, Tommy Lee Jones all turned in great performances. My gf and I like to use that Brolin line when we get low on water bottle "I done told ya... I ain't got no agua."

To each their own though, my Dad is kind of like that, he has the worst selection and actively likes bad movies. Specifically, Shark movies.

I've still yet to see Ford vs Ferrari so waiting for that to come out on the movie channels. The best I've seen lately is probably Mission Impossible: Fall Out.

No Country For Old Men was an award winning movie. Bardem, Brolin, Tommy Lee Jones all turned in great performances. My gf and I like to use that Brolin line when we get low on water bottle "I done told ya... I ain't got no agua."

The acting was great, I just didn’t like the way the movie was directed.

Was visiting family weekend, so I was subjected to more Hallmark Christmas movies than anyone should have a right to.

So here’s how they pretty much all went....a pretty, successful, engaged woman who lives in the city finds herself having to go back to the town where she grew up as a result of either a) a work assignment, or b) travel complications. She’ll get roped into helping with the town Christmas pageant and in doing so will meet a guy that at first she can’t stand but will ultimately fall for. Her adorable niece will help her make cookies for the pageant at some point in the movie, usually about halfway through. At the pageant, the woman will dance first with her father then with the guy she’s now into. Right about that time, her a-hole fiancé will walk in, who she didn’t tell the new guy about, and he’ll get mad at her. When she realizes her fiancé doesn’t understand the true meaning of Christmas, she’ll ditch him for the guy she just met 3 days ago and couldn’t stand until 12 hours ago. Then just about the time they kiss, it’ll start snowing.

That’s literally the plot to every one of these f**king movies. Every. Single. One.

If ESPN did 30 for 30s for classic posting this one would qualify.

Saw Trolls 2 with girlfriend and daughter...the first one isnt great and this one is worse.

Watched Green Book last night, great movie. The trailers for this movie didn’t do it justice.
Superb. Green Book is an absolute gem. Incredibly, I knew nothing at all about it when my GF recorded it on the DVR because I've trained her that movies based on actual events are often worth watching. I had never heard of the movie, didn't know it won the Oscar for Best Picture, and wasn't even familiar with the music of Don Shirley. Loved this film.

Was visiting family weekend, so I was subjected to more Hallmark Christmas movies than anyone should have a right to.

So here’s how they pretty much all went....a pretty, successful, engaged woman who lives in the city finds herself having to go back to the town where she grew up as a result of either a) a work assignment, or b) travel complications. She’ll get roped into helping with the town Christmas pageant and in doing so will meet a guy that at first she can’t stand but will ultimately fall for. Her adorable niece will help her make cookies for the pageant at some point in the movie, usually about halfway through. At the pageant, the woman will dance first with her father then with the guy she’s now into. Right about that time, her a-hole fiancé will walk in, who she didn’t tell the new guy about, and he’ll get mad at her. When she realizes her fiancé doesn’t understand the true meaning of Christmas, she’ll ditch him for the guy she just met 3 days ago and couldn’t stand until 12 hours ago. Then just about the time they kiss, it’ll start snowing.

That’s literally the plot to every one of these f**king movies. Every. Single. One.
LOL. Great post.

Back
Top Bottom