Short track owner arrested (extremely disturbing)

Speedbowl14

Ryan Preece and short tracks
This is really sick. Really ****** sick. This guy was the best thing to happen to the Waterford Speedbowl in it's entire history and it comes down to this. He is a sick ****** man. I cannot believe this. I'm hoping this doesn't bring the track down with it but I'm more in shock still at this point.

http://www.courant.com/breaking-new...-trafficking-arrests-0331-20170330-story.html

According to the affidavit, "Bemer stated that he believed that during a 20- to 25-year period, King brought him eight to 10 different boys for sex, most on multiple occasions. Bemer stated that he paid approximately $200-250 per occasion," the affidavit said.

Although he often referred to them as "boys" or "kids," Bemer said they were adults when he had sex with them. However, he said he stopped having sex with some of them because they grew too old, according to the affidavit.

Yeah I read about that the other day. Unbelievable. I hope someone takes over the racetrack and continues what sick**** started. I hope sick**** fries.

It's a sad days for those poor victims and their family. This is probably going to be the end of the London-Waterford Speedbowl.

I'm still in shock from the original criminal case. Long-time officials are pulling out, NASCAR is pulling out, and no one has a clue whether or not there'll be racing in one month from now. This is all just piling up. This track has been through so much management wise...usually its a few good years followed by a greater number of bad years. Of course this being a "bad year" for the track is the understatement of the century. This one monster is bringing down a track with 68 years of history behind in literally one week.

NASCAR didn't pull sanctioning from I-80 Speedway in Nebraska when owner and former star driver Ed Kosiski was convicted of, well, somewhat similar charges. As a fan of short track racing, I would rather see them give a different management / ownership group an opportunity to collect themselves and form than to pull the plug to cover their own asses.

NASCAR didn't pull sanctioning from I-80 Speedway in Nebraska when owner and former star driver Ed Kosiski was convicted of, well, somewhat similar charges. As a fan of short track racing, I would rather see them give a different management / ownership group an opportunity to collect themselves and form than to pull the plug to cover their own asses.

He can't sell the track- court froze his assets.

He can't sell the track- court froze his assets.

That is unfortunate. Unless it is seriously alleged that the track business was a material part of a criminal operation, that strikes me as overreach. Freeze his bank accounts while he awaits trial and then subject to any conviction and restitution, fine. If he were to sell the track, freeze that money. A race track like this is much more than an asset of a single man.

The Speedbowl is a great track, lots of history, good racing, and some great fans. I was hoping to attend a few events there this season, now it looks like there won't be racing. The track was starting to turn the corner too with all the improvements made over the past year or so. Hate it for all the teams and drivers who call Waterford their home track.

Back
Top Bottom