Should Johnny Sauter get a playoff waiver if he's suspended?

Should Johnny Sauter get a playoff waiver if he's suspended?

• Yes. The playoff eligibilities/requirements/waivers are ridiculous anyway

Votes: 12 85.7%
  • No. Too dangerous of a move.

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters

racingfan7

Start and Park
Contributor
I'm not condoning Johnny's move. But just curious what the opinion is on this.

Seems ridiculous people are calling him to miss the playoffs because he's not able to attempt all the races yet he's been racing every single week.

Yes, imo being suspended for a race or two is enough of a penalty.

It's not that big of a penalty with his locked in because he won status. If they wanted to actually penalize him without killing his playoffs, I'd take away 10-20 playoff points or something.

It's not that big of a penalty with his locked in because he won status. If they wanted to actually penalize him without killing his playoffs, I'd take away 10-20 playoff points or something.

Sitting on the side lines is very significant imo. I do not know the teams situation but l personally believe the destabilization of not having Sauter for a race or two will be felt internally. It may not be reported but it will still have a lasting negative impact.

As an aside if my memory is correct that is how Brad Kezolowski got his big break with JMS . He filled in for a suspended driver with a great performance , and caught Dale Jrs attention.

They can't let it go, it can't be perceived by the non racing public as letting it go. A race or two is what is fair. Sauter started it and then Hill really escalated what Sauter did wrecked him going into the corner and that is thought of a chicken **** by every driver, and then Sauter went straight to stupid. I can see why Sauter did what he did, Hill broke an unwritten rule, but Sauter went way too far.

One-race suspension seems fitting to me, I don't want to see anything crazy like taking away past wins or playoff points or anything, but just deny him the opportunity to collect more for one weekend (along with forfeiting the opportunity for a good Triple Truck Challenge check). And yes, a waiver for the playoffs.

Sure, park him for a race, but since he is already locked into the first round, its not going to be as big of a punishment as if he wasnt locked in. Do I think he should his spot in the first round?, no, I think that is bit too much.

I do agree with what Greg pointed as well, not having him for a race will impact the team, but I don't think it will on the scale that it will impact the rest of the season IMO

Back
Top Bottom