Should NASCAR do a special race where the best drivers from all three series compete?

JJ_14

Go Briscoe!
Basically, the best drivers from each series compete in a single race in their equipment, which means different cars & trucks in the same race.

It would be pretty interesting to see say, Chase Elliott, Kyle Larson etc go up against Justin Allgaier, Cole Custer, Zane Smith (in a truck), Matt Crafton & so on.

Something like 25 drivers in the field, which allows for plenty of options.

There are many tracks to choose from. It could be a cookie cutter or maybe even a road course.

Maybe make it part of the all-star festivities.

Like I said, it would be the best drivers from all three series. So best 9 from Cup, 8 from xFinity & 8 from Trucks.

I'm pretty sure the best cars from xFinity are on par with the middling cup programs.

The possibility of an xFinity or even a Truck regular beating a Cup guy in a xFinity car/truck makes this very intriguing.

Do you like this idea, or do you think I'm crazy?

I suppose choosing the drivers would be based on points standings, which would give the Cup guys another incentive to do well early in the season.

I'm convinced that the best xFinity, Truck drivers could get solid runs in Cup. The talent level on those series is very underrated.

I guess 24 drivers in the field works too, to make it the same amount of entries for all three series. Then a fan vote for 1 driver for each series, making it 27 entries total.

dont we have this already when cup guys race in trucks and xfinity?

dont we have this already when cup guys race in trucks and xfinity?
Sort of. The difference here is that all different cars would be in the same race, Cup cars, xFinity cars & trucks.

Seeing a Truck trying to outrun a Cup car would be a sight to be seen.

Basically, the best drivers from each series compete in a single race in their equipment, which means different cars & trucks in the same race.

It would be pretty interesting to see say, Chase Elliott, Kyle Larson etc go up against Justin Allgaier, Cole Custer, Zane Smith (in a truck), Matt Crafton & so on.

There are many tracks to choose from. It could be a cookie cutter or maybe even a road course.

Like I said, it would be the best drivers from all three series. So best 9 from Cup, 8 from xFinity & 8 from Trucks.

I'm pretty sure the best cars from xFinity are on par with the middling cup programs.

The possibility of an xFinity or even a Truck regular beating a Cup guy in a xFinity car/truck makes this very intriguing.

In what car? The current cup car? On what track with which package?
This is what’s wrong with nascar, IMO. Too many variables.
The Truck and Xfin cars are nothing like the crap Cup car.
Will there be extensive practice? Because the Truck and Xfin drivers won’t know what to do with the crap Cup car (think of Josh Berry in his first race in the 9.)
IMO, the current Cup car is junk on any track.
If this proposed experiment is to take place, let it happen in the Truck Series racecars.

In what car? The current cup car? On what track with which package?
This is what’s wrong with nascar, IMO. Too many variables.
The Truck and Xfin cars are nothing like the crap Cup car.
Will there be extensive practice? Because the Truck and Xfin drivers won’t know what to do with the crap Cup car (think of Josh Berry in his first race in the 9.)
IMO, the current Cup car is junk on any track.
If this proposed experiment is to take place, let it happen in the Truck Series racecars.
Cup regulars would run in Cup cars, xFinity regulars would run in xFinity cars, & lastly, truck regulars would run in trucks.

I'm convinced that the best Xfinity, Truck drivers could get solid runs in Cup. The talent level on those series is very underrated.

I'd have to disagree. What Xfinity or truck driver lately has made the jump to cup and had instant success? The level of talent at cup is far superior to that of the lower series.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Sort of. The difference here is that all different cars would be in the same race, Cup cars, xFinity cars & trucks.

Seeing a Truck trying to outrun a Cup car would be a sight to be seen.
It certainly would considering the fastest trucks are 2.5 to 3 seconds slower per lap on a one mile track as evidenced last weekend.

Cup cars are way harder to drive. Nascar took a lot of the skew out of the Xfinities when they ruled out most of the rear axle skew this year, but they continue to have the flat billboard sides at the rear gives them plenty to lean on. The Trucks? All you have to do is look at how bent up they are on a 1.5's to see they aren't being reigned in aero wise. Xfinity cars are the fastest out of the bunch because they have so much aero advantage.

Take them all to a great go kart track and have them compete against each other that way.

Joey Gase came to town last year to compete in a charity go kart race. I didn't go because it was cold and because, well...it was Joey Gase. But I'm sure those who went had fun watching and maybe they'd have fun watching the truck, xfinity and cup guys compete against one another in a race as well.

Like LEMANS, NASCAR style. Seeing Trucks and Xfinty and cup ars together on track would be neat

I'd love to see the All-Star Race consist of the all-stars of the top-three series, plus the ARCA East, West, National and the Modified Tour champions, and maybe the Weekly Series National Champion. All in Late Model Stocks or Super Late Models at North Wilkesboro.

It certainly would considering the fastest trucks are 2.5 to 3 seconds slower per lap on a one mile track as evidenced last weekend.
Trucks didn’t race last weekend? Zane Smith’s Truck pole speed at championship weekend last fall was actually almost 4 MPH faster than the Cup and Xfinity poles.

They’re three pretty unique vehicles so they’d probably vary a decent amount from track to track.

Trucks didn’t race last weekend? Zane Smith’s Truck pole speed at championship weekend last fall was actually almost 4 MPH faster than the Cup and Xfinity poles.

They’re three pretty unique vehicles so they’d probably vary a decent amount from track to track.
I blame the gummies. 😇

Back
Top Bottom