Should owners be restricted on the number of teams they have?

M

mngopherguy

This is a question I've always wondered about. While I always wanted to owners resricted to say... 3 teams, would it be a good or bad thing for NASCAR? Would this help smaller teams? Could we see a one car team compete again? Would it hurt sponsorships? Would it hurt the field size? I'm curious as to what you all think :)

I think it is already restricted. That's why Rick Hendrick's father owns a team. That's why Mark Martin is listed as part owner on Kenseth's car. That's why Jeff Gordon owns Johnson's car.

For every obstacle, there is an equal and opposite loophole. :D

Ah true. Doesn't Roush have his wife as owner of one team too? Guess I wasn't really thining of it that way :eek:

The same tjing with the Pettys Kuyles wife owns his car

I believe the "RULES" say that an owner can "own" only 2 cars.

Multi car teams, including DEI, Roush, Hendrick, Evernham, Petty, etc. list family members or drivers as owners to get aroung the "RULE".

TN-Ward-Fan,
You got just a plum fancy way a sayin' things.

What I think will happen in the way future is NASCAR will only have a few owners. Could you imagine Roush with 17 cars?

I can the way they are going.

Its cheaper to have two than just one...;)and so on.

Originally posted by 66mustang
No really, do you guys understand what I meant?

I do 66,But it's like wiping your arse on a wagon wheel to try and discuss it.:)

Actually, the series now has 43+ different owners. The "owners" as we know them are really only the managers of the teams. The real owners are the sponsors. In some cases, they have more decision power than the guys who think they own the team. Money is the real power here.

Do you think that the sponser had more to do with Tony getting back on track,Than Joe Gibbs?

I think that Home Depot put more preasure on Joe Gibbs to get something done. As I said, I think Joe is really only the manager.

You are right Buckaroo,Good thing Tony was receptive to a good coach. :)

Tony's spirit isn't any different than that of a lot of other guys, but the difference is that Tony is driving today with all that cash on the line. Back when Curtis Turner drove, he would get out and drink and fight after the races. Those days are gone forever.

So true Buckster,I saw 3 guys go after Julian Martin at the greater Dayton speedway,Saying he had cheated.1 Hour later we were all drinking brews at the a local pub,I was only 21 at the time.Those days are gone,but not forgotten for sure.:)

Back
Top Bottom