Shout out to Matt Kenseth

About time they let him run his own race. Up until today, it was all about Ricky and getting him into the playoffs. They even alluded to that when Kenseth had the presser when they announced his return.

Would be nice for him to find victory lane again...maybe just a pipe dream, but he could've been close today.

About time they let him run his own race. Up until today, it was all about Ricky and getting him into the playoffs. They even alluded to that when Kenseth had the presser when they announced his return.

What excellence this playoffs silliness has brought to the sport. Matt Kenseth returns to the track, and his sole purpose is to get freaking Stenhouse into position to be eliminated in the first round of the "post-season".

Congrats to Kenseth on an impressive showing today. I hope that if he wants to run another year, he'll have more shots in 2019.

Looks like Matt had a good run today (I didn’t watch race yet) just sign the guy already to run the 6 into his 50’s. Matt is a racing machine.

Kenseth has said he was there to try to improve the car, to go from a 20th place car to hopefully a 10 place car when the playoffs come around. Both he and Stenhouse looked pretty good all day. I hope they can keep it up and it wasn't a wild guess they got right on the setups.

Kenseth has said he was there to try to improve the car, to go from a 20th place car to hopefully a 10 place car when the playoffs come around. Both he and Stenhouse looked pretty good all day. I hope they can keep it up and it wasn't a wild guess they got right on the setups.
With absolutely no practice...go figure. Ricky was not in the same ball park as Kenseth though.

Roush's must have been broken for a few years...must've got a new one.
I don't think either Stenhouse and for sure Bayne can give the feedback or have the technical knowledge of what the car is doing compared to Kenseth myself.

Reactions: sdj
Yes, it was nice to see him have a good run today.

With absolutely no practice...go figure. Ricky was not in the same ball park as Kenseth though.
No practice meant they didn't get a chance to mess up the car. I am no Matt fan but I am pretty sure he is wiser than those working on his car. He was bummed out they went for the stage win
instead of going for the race win.

I recently watched a program about dirt racing. In an interview Tony Steward was praising Kenseth at one of his El Dora events. Matt hadn't run dirt before and Tony had a hard time keeping up with him.

I've turned into a huge Matt fan after hearing he came back to the RFR.

Back
Top Bottom