SHR Shop Tour 2020

jws926

I need to think of something new for here
This is a really in depth shop tour at SHR, this took place the week between the clash and the 500( 2020), there wasnt a lot blurred, its long, but worth the watch, if you are into the technical side NASCAR.

Imagine all that perfection to make parts etc and then change things to make a driver comfortable. I think Harvick's and Kyle's ability to drive what the shop produces is what puts them at the top.

I figured since there is not much going on in this thread you might want to see some of the things that has to be done at a big shop like DSR to open their shop back up. Here is an inside look at DSR, and the article shows what these race teams have to do to get back to work. It doesn't make any difference what racing series it is these teams know just how much is at stake and how important it is to get this right for the survival of racing.

Yeah since the video got made private, it seems he might recorded a bit more than SHR wanted, I went back to do some screen grabs to use for reference for building NASCAR models and seen that is was gone.

I figured since there is not much going on in this thread you might want to see some of the things that has to be done at a big shop like DSR to open their shop back up. Here is an inside look at DSR, and the article shows what these race teams have to do to get back to work. It doesn't make any difference what racing series it is these teams know just how much is at stake and how important it is to get this right for the survival of racing.
At first I was like damn that is a lot of teams under one roof, then I remember two trailers per car/team

Can you explain why they use two haulers ?

At first I was like damn that is a lot of teams under one roof, then I remember two trailers per car/team

Can you explain why they use two haulers ?
Because at the track they don't work out of garages like NASCAR and Indy car does. They park the haulers right next to each other so they can walk from one to the other without going outside just like they do at the shop and they use them as work stations for rebuilding short blocks, heads, blowers, fuel pumps, clutch packs, ect. There is also a large awning attached to the side of the trailer with lights, fans, electrical cords, and air hoses hanging down and that is the pit area where the car is worked on. We only used 1 trailer and we would haul 2 cars up stairs with spare windows, wings, cases of oil and break clean... and then down stairs we would haul 5 spare short blocks, 14 cylinder heads, 4 super chargers, and whole lot of clutch disks and floaters, and many other parts and tools. Plus a golf cart and pit scooter.

SHR has really stepped up big during this pandemic.

Back
Top Bottom