SHR Takes A Big Hit

I was told custer had a flat tire lol

glad they got caught, and glad they are getting punished.

There are 2 larger problems though
1. other teams do it and haven't gotten in trouble or as much trouble
2. the dumbass playoff system has caused this exact situation to become even worse.

Now what about the 20 team saying to Jones not to pass Hamlin in the chase again?

Why is this Bristol deal even being brought up? Chase wasn't impeding Harv, and Larson was faster, plain and simple. The 5 passing the 4 was inevitable.

Now, if you want to talk about someone BLATANTLY impeding the progress of another driver, look at the nonsense Hamlin pulled with Chastain earlier this year at Gateway or wherever it was. How was there no penalty for that?

And as @StandOnIt mentioned, we had clear evidence that Jones was given orders NOT to pass another car in order to help a teammate's points situation. And that's OK?

I feel that the 100% rule has certainly been violated since Spingate, several times quite conspicuously. How on Earth does “Don’t pass him, Jones!” go unpunished but this is what does? Didn’t Hamlin give up a stage win at Daytona a couple of months ago intentionally?

An indefinite suspension for a crew chief in NASCAR...

That's going to get the point across a hellova lot more than $$$ or points. Don't **** with the finishing order of the race. Glad to see this happen

They already set a precident a few years back with an incident that was almost identical to what they are docking points and manpower for today. They didn't do anything for the previous "don't pass him Jones" situation compared to now. That has to go to protest I would think and let the panel decide.

Rodney still posting from home.

Oh, well ... more time for the dogs.

1665527007569.png

Chase at Bristol last year wasn't doing it to benefit Larson, he was doing it to harm harvick. That's different from what happened at the roval. Chase getting in harvicks way is no different than Hamlin getting in chastains way.

Chase at Bristol last year wasn't doing it to benefit Larson, he was doing it to harm harvick. That's different from what happened at the roval. Chase getting in harvicks way is no different than Hamlin getting in chastains way.
All of them violate the 100% rule that they drug up for this latest infraction.

It's completely different. They are far different degrees of obstruction.

Chase "getting in Harv's way" at Bristol compared to Denny's clown show with Chastain is like the difference between being flicked on the shin and being punched in the throat.

It's completely different. They are far different degrees of obstruction.

Chase "getting in Harv's way" at Bristol compared to Denny's clown show with Chastain is like the difference between being flicked on the shin and being punched in the throat.
Flicked still isn't 100%

I'm not arguing that. I'm saying Elliott wasn't penalized, for good reason. So what does that have to do with anything?

All he did was ride around ahead of Harvick with a reasonable distance between them. Didn't impede him, didn't block him, didn't slow him down, really didn't even take his line away. All it did, if anything, was get in Harvick's head. Larson was faster and would have caught/passed him regardless.

All it did was give Harvick an excuse to blame someone else for his own shortcomings, and get mad and fake tough and talk about wanting to rip someone's head off.

So why even reference this when comparing situations? It's nothing like what Custer's team did (flat tire) or what Bowyer's team did (poison oak) or what Jones' team did (don't pass) or even what Hamlin did to Chastain (which clearly warranted a black flag).

Guys, the team told their driver he was getting a flat tire and he completely quit driving at speed to allow their teammate to qualify for the next round. Arguing this is on the same level as Chase getting back at Harvick is absurd

All he did was ride around ahead of Harvick with a reasonable distance between them. Didn't impede him, didn't block him, didn't slow him down, really didn't even take his line away.
This is not correct. He did impede him, he did take his line away, he did slow him down.

Guys, the team told their driver he was getting a flat tire and he completely quit driving at speed to allow their teammate to qualify for the next round. Arguing this is on the same level as Chase getting back at Harvick is absurd
In what way? Did you read the 100% rule above?

This is not correct. He did impede him, he did take his line away, he did slow him down.

That's your opinion.

Let me ask you this.....what did Hamlin do to Chastain at Gateway? Is that the same as what Elliott did to Harvick at Bristol?

That's not my opinion at all, that literally happened.

Oh, it "literally" happened...how exactly? Is that a fact?

Did Harv have to check up, mash the brakes, swerve to avoid the 9? Were his lap times drastically slower when the 9 got in front of him?

Again, I'll ask....is this Bristol situation equal to the Hamlin/Chastain deal at Gateway?

Oh, it "literally" happened...how exactly? Is that a fact?

Did Harv have to check up, mash the brakes, swerve to avoid the 9? Were his lap times drastically slower when the 9 got in front of him?

Again, I'll ask....is this Bristol situation equal to the Hamlin/Chastain deal at Gateway?
Chase gets a different set of rules right?

Back
Top Bottom